Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zap610

Project: Malice

Nice screens. Remind me of Quake (all three) which is most likely because you probably jacked their textures.

Remind me of Quake (all three) which is most likely because you probably jacked their textures.

It reminded me of an add-on for Quake which was also called "Malice"... coincidence?

Oh, it looks great.

It does use a few textures from Quake 1 and even a couple vent flats from that Malice mod. Also another feature that is going to be in is multiple routes. So the route you take will determine how the story goes. Thanks for all of your comments.

zap610 said:

Also since skulltag now supports decorate, this project is going to be on that engine.

And ZDoom too. ;)
But yeah, that links sorta screwed up and those pics and details are old.

There could be a possiblity that the storyline can conclude that the Humans are actually the true evil source because of an addition to their blind hatred & Arrogance, Their Technology has advanced anough to a point where they are now invading the Supernatrual which was why that the Demons attacked the humans in the first place (The Humans actually invaded Hell first and the Demons have their revenge during Doom 1 & 2) because Blind Hatred & Arrogance and Technology are a bad combination. (The main theme is that Man fears what they don't understand and they despise what they fear and it's up to the Demons to put a end to the human madness once and for all)

Also to explain the Mechanical demons (Aranchtron,Manacubus, Revenant, Spider Demon, Cyberdemon). They were actually Captured Demon specimans and victims of human experiments (The Humans tried to "upgrade" the Demons so they can lead an army against their own kind but the experiment misurably failed and their specimans turned on them instantly.)

I'm a sucker for Supernatrual & Magic vs Science & Technology type storylines (Pro Magic and Anti Technology)

Part of the story is how you interpret it, one can think the humans are the cause of all of this while another would blame the demons. But about the plot it's going to try to be as close to the real doom story as possible. But of course it can't be perfect to it since AFAIK there is no way of finding out what the demons were thinking. However, that is what this wad will be about. The doom story from the demon's POV.

Imp said:

Please don't be as bad as DRE...Please..

I doubt this will please everyone, but there are many things from the screens alone that show it is better than DRE. One of the things is no guns, your a demon, you should at least act like one.

I dunno if I'm going to go so far as agree with that statement, but I must admit, some of the texturing seems a tad out of place. But the level of detail is very intriguing. Not so sure about the red/grey barons though...

Dron said:

the texturing needs alot of work

Ok, I have 2 things to say. First off, this is good as time as any to say that im off your doom reborn project Dron. Sorry.

That settled, I'd like your thoughts on whats wrong with the texturing in the screenshots? I just simply dont see anything wrong, and if you do, id like to know what that is. :)

Macro11_1 said:

That settled, I'd like your thoughts on whats wrong with the texturing in the screenshots? I just simply dont see anything wrong, and if you do, id like to know what that is. :)

I'm taking those shots as preliminaries myself, they don't show anything unique or give any indication of the map's layout. Two of the shots are just typical symmetrical rooms.

Thanks for the feedback with reasoning for those who did it. For the people who commented about the texturing, can you please tell me where it is? Locating and fixing mistakes will only make this wad better. :)