Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sinyx

Doom Movie plot.

Ok this is not a rumor started by me. If you want to check my source (which is reliable) go to upcominghorrormovies.com

For those of you too lazy to go there here is the plot.

The Rock (as you all know by now) is the team leader of a group of eight special task force space marines who are sent to this secret special military base. As of right now there is no mention of the time period, but its safe to assume its in the future. They do fight monsters which they say bear a incredibly good resemblance to the game monsters except for one MAJOR thing...

OK so we all know that these "aliens" are actually demons from hell. However, hollywood believes that the marines should fight genetically altered humans, ala Resident Evil. This is not bullshit. You can check the web site I mentioned above. They even have a picture of the eight marines headed by the rock. Plus some cool news tidbits you might find useful. Enjoy!

Well Sinyx, honestly, I'm a bit in the dark on the movie plot (damn dial up!!!) But all I can say is that the movie will be different, MUCH different, because, sadly, Doom basically had no plot. Doom's plot was that of every other sci-fi horror flick out there, the guys at Id just slapped it on to their finished product, they never explained how it went from aliens to demons, Phobos to hell, you know what I mean? Well, Doom was so groundbreaking (at the time) that the plot was unimportant, unlike some of it's followers, Doom, had it not been, well, Doom, would have suffered for it's lack of story, just look at Marathon by the guys over at Bungie, a shooter with a hyped out story that I played, and really wasn't to impressed, so anyway, the movie will be interesting, if it's even called Doom... Anyway, I personally like The Rock(the movie-man, not the wrestle-man) and I think he could do a decent Doom guy, just slap on a bike helmet and a pair of green longjohns and you got it...

Doom had plenty of story for a shooter. And it does explain from Phobos to hell.

Scientists testing teleportation crossed wires with Hell. Therefore opening a doorway to our dimension releasing demons. The explanation is you use the teleportation technology to teleport from Phobos to damia to hell. You must kill demons, go to hell, and shut down the gateway. While teleporting back to earth you realize you were to late and the demons ended up on earth.

With this story you could make a great movie. Just add fillers like the novels. Just better.

Actually that's wrong, the player (after reaching Deimos) looks over hell itself, and they still never explained how it went from aliens to demons...

I said this previously in another thread but I'll post it here.

Doom as it is, has no real script (if you were to follow the game exactly). Now you can look at any standard Ahhhnold movie and see where this movie will be. If they do follow the game exactly remove any form of acting from the Ahhhnold movies and this is what you would have. Plus we also have to remember stories in video games are built to also coincide with anyhting the player might have to do. In Mortal Kombat there was no real story, yet in the movie (Which yes I LOVE) they had a good story and whats more it made sense.

BFG (we all know the games acronym for this) is called the Bio Force Gun. Which I think is more realistic, even though I'm sure if they
kept the name it has had for almost 10 years it would be funny for the film. This is gonna be like Aliens, a monster movie (not horror, they are different) with some good action and lots of cool effects.

Aliens would probably be the best model to follow for this film, but I'm here and they are directing. Just hope that they dont mess it up too much. I believe they should make this an R-rated film, simply because Doom even to this day is one of the Kings of Gore. PG-13 is gonna cheapen the violence it think. AVP was good but the Predators never even put a blaster hole in someones head. Lets hope we get some one like Quintin Tarentino to direct :P.

Bah, they should have gotten Bruce Campbell for the lead role and the Raimis for directing. A "serious" movie involving DOOM is going to suck, plain and simple. They should have made it a slap-stick blastfest horror-comedy ala ED3/AOD instead.

Uncle 80 said:

Bah, they should have gotten Bruce Campbell for the lead role and the Raimis for directing. A "serious" movie involving DOOM is going to suck, plain and simple. They should have made it a slap-stick blastfest horror-comedy ala ED3/AOD instead.

Good to see you're giving it a chance

Comiclez said:

Actually that's wrong, the player (after reaching Deimos) looks over hell itself, and they still never explained how it went from aliens to demons...

What do you mean Aliens to Demons? they were always demons. If you want to get technical since demons are not of our world, then they are aliens. We were both right. Hell teleported the hole chunk of rock from deimos.

If I'm not mistaken, some of the Doom2 intermission screens used the terms "aliens" and "alien base" rather than the term "demons".
So apparently, id's original storywriters didn't really see much of a difference between the two terms.
If you think about it though, demons can be called aliens since they arrived to us from another dimension (Hell). Wouldn't you agree somewhat?

DarkJedi188 said:

So apparently, id's original storywriters didn't really see much of a difference between the two terms.

Or maybe they didn't give a shit? I think it's pretty obvious to the player that the monsters are demons, as pretty much everyone and their dog knew it before the game was released. They could say that they were mutated humans in one of the intermission screens and nobody would care.

I am back!! But any way, I am looking forward to the Movie, even though it may suck

Now hold on, I never said it would suck. What I did say was that they have to be very careful on how they do this because you might end up with another Underworld. Anyone who thought that movie was great needs to get their head examined for severe trauma. Aliens was a cool film, and if they follow that example more closely rather than just fill the film with violence for the sake of violence then we will have a cool film.

Also on a off topic side note, for all of you out there that are fans (like me) of the Crystal Lake Slasher A.K.A Jason Vorhees, rejoice because there are talks of gore king Quintin Tarintino directing the next installment. :D

Weakmind said:

I am back!! But any way, I am looking forward to the Movie, even though it may suck

May?

OK heres the real DOOM story bitches. You are a Space Marine that was sent to the Phobos UAC base because you punched out a superior rank cuz he told u to open fire on civilians. The UAC wuz studying sum teleportation thingy when it opened a gateway to hell and everything poured out of there. NOTE: THERE WERE NO ALIENS!! THEY ARE ALL DEMONS.Ok the portal opened on Phobos moon, u are on Deimos. So you and a team of space marines were sent over to Phobos to investigate. YOU ARE NOW ON Phobos. U were ordered to secure the perimeters while ur pals went inside. U hear on the radio that they die. They took all the good weapons leaving u with a pistol. So u cant get off the moon. U can only go in. So u go into the base and fight ur way through. The levels are just one whole base. Now once you get to E1M8 u kill those 2 ugly bastards thaat come out of the holes. After that a portal opens up and you step into it not knowing where it goes. It teleports you into the middle of some hellspawn actually where you DIE!!!!!

Chapter Two

Well now that we are DEAD we are now in Hell. The teleport actually sent you to Deimos to.. now why are u on deimos when u died? Cuz they teleported the whole big rock into Hell. But you dont know that yet... All u know is ur DEAD. So u just walk around the surface kickin sum demon ass tryin to find a way back to life. Well here comes Mr. Cyber Demon. All you really do is just kill him for fun. Anywayz after hes dead all you do is look down....or up... or wherever Hell is and wut do u know ur right above it!! Well since you cant go home, why not make this a vendetta. Also the portal on Phobos is still open so they can go to earth!! So u have to go down there and kick the masters bad ass.

Chapter Three

OK I forgot sumthing. see u have to fight because u can still die. I guess in Hell you still get a body...how else would u feel pain? So anywayz you grapple on down to the big firey place and go around lookin for sum revenge. well u eventually get to the spider mastermind..the head of all this. So you take out ur BFG and blast that Mutha F*cka. Well now a portal opens up taking you back to Earth where you can smell the fresh scent of plants and feels the breeze through ur hair and hear the screaming of little children and see flaming sky scrapers....WTF?! Guess ur too late >:D

DOOM 2

Well isnt this great. Earth has been invaded by Demons!!! So now its not about beating that evil mastermind.. now its the ultimate fight between a little space marine and the DARK LORD OF HELL!!! Well you go around finding stuff in wannabe urban environments. I cant figure out the whole story yet since I havent beaten D2 yet but you eventually reach The Big Man hisself. Better IDDQD it up ;D

You're wrong, you actually don't die, you use one of the teleporters that lead to deimos (the teleportation experiments were between these moons). Since deimos was absorbed by hell, you actually teleport to hell (the monsters used the gateways to suck deimos, and then they teleported from there to phobos).
the fact that the player die at the end of E1 was because id wanted something to motivate the player to buy the whole game, to make him feel like he didn't emerged victorious (remember that e1 was a stand alone as a shareware episode). The scene were you die, has nothing to do with the plot, it's just an effect placed there. In DOOM 2 you don't die to go hell, same in Final DOOM, and in DOOM³.

And go, finish DOOM 2.

Actually in Doom the first description was that these monsters were aliens, sort of like a surprise or a plot twist if you will. We didnt even fight anything demonic looking until that point in E1M8. After that we fight all the Barons, Cacos, Lots soulds and such and get an idea that we aren't in our quadrant anymore. Then its revealed that we were actually teleported to hell. Although, I never actually figured out how we get from the end of episode one to the start of episode 2. Basically we die, so I have always wondred if the fisrt epidsode was a fake or it was just a dumb ending.

If the film Tanks (which I'm hoping it won't) I'm sending my fan-fic to this guy I know who works for a major film company. I think it Constantin Films, or something like that, but I'm not sure.

ur hair and hear the screaming of little children and see flaming sky scrapers....

YOU FORGOT THE PET RABBIT!

The story is, Flynn "Fly" Taggart is the hippest pimpin' space marine this side of Tai Tengar, his crew runs into a secret base on the planet of Oolong T where a secret government virus transforms one of them into a spiky brown creature that can throw fireballs. It later infiltrates the ship, and has more than just murder on its warped mind...

I wonder if the book series will be used as source material. I guess it wouldn't be that bad if the film was loosely based on the books somehow. Well, the first two. The last two just strayed off into la la land.