Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manc

Skulltag 96b Released

Can't make it plainer than that. Ol' Carn has released the newest version of Skulltag, version 96b, that's nearly a year in the making. What's new? Try:

• THE BOTS ARE BACK! The bots are once again fully functional, and greatly improved! Enjoy! Smile
  • Players can now create their OWN CUSTOM BOTS, with CUSTOMIZEABLE AI! This is due to the fact that all the bots' logic is now scripted! More on this later.
  • Bots now work in multiplayer games!
  • Added two new deathmatch levels! D2DM4: Conatinment Facility, and D2DM8: Temple of Pain.
  • Added a new skulltag level! D2ST3: Ring of Fire.
  • Added two new CTF levels! D2CTF7: Den of Sanctity, and D2CTF8: Ghastly Abode.
  • D2DM1 and D2DM2 have been completely redetailed! They look fantastic now!
  • D2DM3 has been completely redone! It's much better now! Smile
  • Reimplemented, and completed revamped the CAMPAIGN system! (The campaign system controls the single player botmatches.) Now, users can create their OWN campaigns, using the CMPGNINF lump! More on this later.
  • Added new Last Man Standing, and TEAM LMS mode! This works very similarly to Rocket Arena. Players battle each other until only one man is left standing, and then the match restarts.
  • Added Team Instagib mode! It's essentially the teamplay deathmatch mode combined with instagib deathmatch!
  • Added Instagib CTF mode! You can now play capture the flag games... instagib style!
  • Added a new monster, the Hectebus! This monster is a level two Mancubus. Thanks TheDarkArchon for the sprites, and Espi for the fireballs!
  • Added a new monster, the Abaddon! This monster is a level three Cacodemon. Thanks Tormentor666 for the sprites!
  • Added a new SIMPLER method of creating CTF maps! Now, all you have to do is place your flags and starts, and you're done! This also creats a compatible CTF standard with other ports, such as ZDaemon. This also works with ONE FLAG CTF!
  • Added Legacy style weapon preferences! Players can now set their weapon preferences in the weapon setup menu (accessible through the player setup menu), and change their switch weapon on pickup preference to "Never", "Only for higher ranked weapons", and "Always"!
  • Added a graphical server console! It is now far easier for server admins to manage their servers. It's also prettier Smile
  • Servers can now ban players! Bans can now be set in the server console, as well as turned on/off with the sv_enforcebans cvar.
The changelog has a very large list of changes, so it's best to just go through it yourself.

It's important to note that Skulltag includes a special version of IDE, dubbed IDESE (IDE Skulltag Edition), and it's the easiest way to get a game going or joining a server. Doom Connector support will be available in about 24 hours, and the main version of IDE will be updated shortly.

UPDATE: In response to tonight's very excellent Friday Night Fragnight, deathz0r has updated DMN with news and screenshots from the event. Check it!

First post, FNF kicked a lot of ass tonight! There were some very intense CTF matches that were played.

Also, the bots suck ass! That was the second attempt against bots, so I'll probably get a better score if I try a bit harder.

Cool, downloading. Bots are back. Woohoo!

The download link to wart03 points to wart03.wad. It should point to wart03.zip

deathz0r said:

Also, the bots suck ass! That was the second attempt against bots, so I'll probably get a better score if I try a bit harder.

Deathz0r, try playing against Orion on nightmare. All those bots suck.

Tormentor667 said:

Argh... 667, not 666 :) Other than that: Great release :)

Silly me :)

Hey, thanks a lot everyone! :D I'm glad you're all enjoying it. We all worked really hard on it, and it's very rewarding to see this level of enthusiasm :D

Also, I'm going to be releasing the botscript compiler, as well as several sample scripts here shortly. I'll be answering any and all questions about it in #skulltag as soon as I do so.

I'll also be making a set of tutorials detailing how to make bots, botscript, using the new campaign info lumps, and everything else that's new in 96b that needs an explanation.

Thanks!

Hmm, is that normal that in coop the bots wont shoot the monsters? Or did i miss some setting?
Real cool release! ^.^

Afterglow said:

Why are the flats in D2CTF8 grey? Was that done on purpose?

Which flats? Did I screw something up?

I downloaded it and played on a MancuNet server...and subsequently got pwned by Rampage[PD] at a duel. I like it and I'm making a weapons mod for it.

If you do mod the weapons for ST, try to make them playable in deathmatch please. Just about every weapons mod I have tried has not played too well in deathamtch, exept for a very few meant for it (like ICD-DEH).