Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pete The Padre

inserting gameplay music?

ok so i want to insert some sweet tunes to my new level, how do i do, im using XWE, i know how the process goes, evi already changed some sounds, but i cant change the music, what format is used on the music and how do i insert my own, say i like a song that i got in mp3, how do i enter that one?

MUS/MID files are supported by vanilla Doom2, and ZDoom (and possibly some other ports) support OGG, MP3 and MOD as well. Take the tune of your choice and put it into XWE and rename it D_RUNNIN (this is the important part since Doom2 will only recognise music files which have exactly the same name as the originals, unless you use ZDoom and know how to use the MAPINFO lump), then play the wad, go to the first level and voila, your tune should work...

Xenophon said:

MUS/MID files are supported by vanilla Doom2, and ZDoom (and possibly some other ports) support OGG, MP3 and MOD as well. Take the tune of your choice and put it into XWE and rename it D_RUNNIN (this is the important part since Doom2 will only recognise music files which have exactly the same name as the originals, unless you use ZDoom and know how to use the MAPINFO lump), then play the wad, go to the first level and voila, your tune should work...

nope, dosnt work, it says unknown format when i load it in

Just because it says "Unknown Format" doesn't mean it won't work, XWE will still import it exactly as you left it on your HD under the specified entry-name and it will work perfectly fine in any port. Examples are in ACTION DooM; all the MOD's that are in the WAD aren't recognized by older versions of XWE, but they work inside ZDoom, don't they?

And plus, if your version of XWE can't read MP3's, OGG's, or MOD's properly, you seriously need to update.

Darkhaven said:

Just because it says "Unknown Format" doesn't mean it won't work, XWE will still import it exactly as you left it on your HD under the specified entry-name and it will work perfectly fine in any port. Examples are in ACTION DooM; all the MOD's that are in the WAD aren't recognized by older versions of XWE, but they work inside ZDoom, don't they?

And plus, if your version of XWE can't read MP3's, OGG's, or MOD's properly, you seriously need to update.

i got it working now, it didnt work on doom2 port, had to run through Zdoom, thx for the help!