Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewB

School shooting

RED LAKE, MINN. - At least 22 people have been killed or injured after a gunman went on a shooting spree in northern Minnesota.

Link

I'm surprised that this wasn't already posted here, of all places.

well, i'm watching the 10 o'clock news and SURPRISE, SURPRISE, one of the kids recovering at the hospital told reporters that the gunman was a picked on loner that dressed in 'goth-like' clothing...

He should have shot some dogs :(

AndrewB said:

I wasn't aware this was School Shooting World.

if this gets back to doom somehow... just beacause some sick kid goes off the deep end...

maybe this is an elaborate scheme done by the government... what a few kids lives for being one step closer to total media control...

Jehar said:

if this gets back to doom somehow...

Geez, be quiet with that talk man...don't you know they're all distracted with GTA? That's the hot ticket now.

Quast said:

Geez, be quiet with that talk man...don't you know they're all distracted with GTA? That's the hot ticket now.

Funny, You make me laugh

yeah... blame gta... blame that crap that nobody plays really... leave us alone. we should be safe as long as they dont find that kid wearing a d3 tshirt or something.

speaking of that kid... has anyone seen Lut lately?
oh crap please no...

Jehar said:

yeah... blame gta... blame that crap that nobody plays really... leave us alone. we should be safe as long as they dont find that kid wearing a d3 tshirt or something.

speaking of that kid... has anyone seen Lut lately?
oh crap please no...

Not funny not funny not funny

GTA is one of the biggest game franchises EVER.

Lüt is an old fag

ow... i just noticed that.
penalty points to my opinion of the US if thats the case...

Psyonisis said:

Why do I get the feeling that this story will not be as heavily covered as Columbine simply because it occurred on a Native Reserve?

Probably. The indians closed off the rez for starters.

GTA was great

If it didn't leak itself onto consoles it could've had a much safer reputation as a game

Consoles = kidland

I feel bad for all the kids who don't instigate shootings or participate in them. They're the real victims because even more superfluous positions will be assigned for school security, draining the budget further and forcing schools to make even more cuts, not to mention all the excessive and extreme new policies which will likely be enstated.

Job said:

I feel bad for all the kids who don't instigate shootings or participate in them. They're the real victims because even more superfluous positions will be assigned for school security, draining the budget further and forcing schools to make even more cuts, not to mention all the excessive and extreme new policies which will likely be enstated.

The moral of the story is: it doesn't matter what you do, it's always wrong in some way or another.

I expect the NRA will roll up at Red Lake soon and hold one of its rallies. They managed to show up at Columbine soon after the shootings there.

There's bound to be more debate over America's gun laws - at least there should be. I know not every kid is picking up guns and shooting people, but the fact that it happens at all should be a worry for everyone.

Of course, it's likely that the media will pick up on the easiest blame factor - TV, movies, video games - but some SERIOUS thinking needs to be done by those in power.

GTA = dumb, waste of time, and retarded come to mind
DooM = Action, 3057, and Impse come to mind

Think about it, people

Heh, cool, I didn't do it.*

Based upon the comment of the kid in the hospital, I'm going to have to revert to being a cold hearted bastard and blaming the victims, the parents, the teachers and the school for society's school shootings. Seems only fair, since
1) It has been established the kid was tormented,
2) It's a posibility that he was on antidepresants, and
3) if he played videogames, both (1) and (2) will be ignored completely.

In the meantime, I'll go check out Fox News and CNN and see if either of them cover this.

*This comment is based upon the fact that in Pittsfield I'm the school's official scapegoat. If something like this were to happen here, I'd be immediately blamed (and probably arrested) reguardless of the fact that I dropped out in December. God, Pittsfield sucks.

Johnatone said:

Heh, cool, I didn't do it.*

Based upon the comment of the kid in the hospital, I'm going to have to revert to being a cold hearted bastard and blaming the victims, the parents, the teachers and the school for society's school shootings. Seems only fair, since
1) It has been established the kid was tormented,
2) It's a posibility that he was on antidepresants, and
3) if he played videogames, both (1) and (2) will be ignored completely.

Here's where I'd say "it's funny cuz it's true" except it isn't really funny. It's more tragic and dangerous to the gaming community. Let's blame something other than games for once...

Apparently the guy was a Neo-Nazi

"I guess I've always carried a natural admiration for Hitler and his ideals, and his courage to take on larger nations," Weise wrote last year in an online forum frequented by neo-Nazis.

Heh. "It was found that the shooter was anti-Bush. Now to prevent further school shootings, we will send all non-Bush supporters to internment camps!"

Darkhaven said:

GTA = dumb, waste of time, and retarded come to mind

WTF did they ever do to you? The GTA3 series are some of the very few fun games made in the last 5 years.

AndrewB said:

Link

Considering Doom hasn't popped up yet...

And if it does, who cares? It's not like Doom only sold 25 copies or something.

Get the hosepipe and sponge ready, every game, film and musician we like* is about to be dragged through the mud!

*Going on the general impression that people on Doomworld like FPS games, Horror movies and Rock and Metal