Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rotting Corpse

This is the last year for Megadeth.

Picked up the latest copy of BW&Bk [Brave World and Bloody Knuckles]. When reading through the news section I came accross a quote form Dave Mastane. He stated that Megadeth will finish up the tour for "The System Has Failed'. After that he will break up the band. He said that he will work on his solo stuff after that. I hope its as good as Megadeth.

If you are a Mehadeth fan and you havent all ready picked up The System Has Failed
you should. Its a great album.

Megadeth has been one of my fave bands sicne I was around 4. I grew up on there music. If it wasent for Halford rejoining Judas Priest this would be one of the worst years for True metal fans.

Hm, that's too bad. I'll kind of miss them since I sort of grew up with them (basically when I was in grade school I never got to sleep because my brothers were playing Megadeth really loud near my room). I've grown fond of their music and style though I haven't listened to their contemporary stuff, admittedly.

Heh, I thought they were done when Dave busted his hand or whatever. They're one of the very few metal bands I can stand.

I personally thought 1634 was the worst year for metal, absolutley ZERO metal albums came out that year. Guess Ozzy was too busy...

Danarchy said:
Heh, I thought they were done when Dave busted his hand or whatever.

When was that? I recall James Hetfield burning his hand, though.

Probelm is though, perhaps I'm more in the loop than I thought I was, but Mustaine only made The System Has Failed to fulfill a contract and that megadeth hadn't really existed in any real form for a while anyway. So this isn't exactly news... to me anyway. I wonder if he'll keep James McDonough when he goes solo, he was Iced Earths bassist until mid last year when he left to join megadeth.

Crap!

The System has Failed is Megadeth's ONLY good release in nearly 10 fucking years. Here I was hoping that they were on the road to redemption, but I guess not.

Seriously, with this last album aside, every album after Youthenasia has been absolute crap. RIP Megadeth.