Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kelzam

TeamKill's "Scourge: Lunar Eclipse"

Update 6.23.05: Added new and/or updated screens for Map01, Map02, Map03, Map08, and Map09. Also added section to credit those who've playtested the map.

Scourge: Lunar Eclipse is TeamKill's first-born child. It's a 10 12 map mod for JDoom that will have new monsters, an optional ambient mp3 soundtrack (composed by me and Haruko), and other goodies including spark generators, dynamic lighting, and some new monsters. The difficulty will range from medium to hard. Ultraviolence, baby.

TeamKill consists of three four people: DJ Haruko, Dunbar, Me, and our newest member Dittohead. Our focus is mainly JDoom.

Progress

Map01: Out of the frying pan, Into the...**
Map02: Confinery Lab
Map03: Auxilery Computing**
Map04: ??? DJ Haruko
Map05: Lunar Complex 01 Central Control**
Map06: The Shadowgate
Map07: ??? (Dittohead)
Map08: Nightmare Depths
Map09: The Hell That Awaits**
Map10: ??? (Dittohead)
Map11: ??? (Dittohead)
Map12: ??? (DJ Haruko)

**= 100% complete

Now I'm sure you'd probably like to see some screenshots of what we've got...

Screenshots

Map01: Out of the frying pan, Into the...
Screenshot 01
Screenshot 02
Screenshot 03

Map02: Confinery Lab
Screenshot 01
Screenshot 02
Screenshot 03

Map03: Auxilery Computing
Screenshot 01
Screenshot 02
Screenshot 03

Map05: Lunar Complex 01 Central Control
Screenshot 01
Screenshot 02
Screenshot 03

Map06: The Shadowgate
Screenshot 01
Screenshot 02
Screenshot 03

Map08: Nightmare Depths
Screenshot 01
Screenshot 02
Screenshot 03

Map09: The Hell That Awaits
Screenshot 01
Screenshot 02
Screenshot 03

Playtesters (Outside TeamKill):
-Map01: (None yet)
-Map02: (None yet)
-Map03: (None yet)
-Map04: (None yet)
-Map05: Ninja of Doom, Rev. Heretic, Aliotroph?
-Map06: (None yet)
-Map07: (None yet)
-Map08: (None yet)
-Map09: (None yet)
-Map10: (None yet)
-Map11: (None yet)
-Map12: (None yet)

The Story:

Scourge takes place before the UAC expanded research to Mars. Rather, it takes place on the Earth's moon during a time where teleportation experimentation was just being born and they were just beginning to excavate Mars. They brough back a sarcophigous from deep below Mars in some alien ruins. There appeared to be no way of opening the thing but the UAC being dilligent as it is, it found a way. Upon opening it, a terrible creature had awaken. It killed the scientists and began rampaging around the base on Mars materializing demonic ceatures. Soon the entire base had been slaughtered. The UAC claimed that the life support systems failed due to an error by an individual who went mad though previously had shown no signs of being mentally disturbed. According to the UAC he locked the system through access from other individuals who also exhibited strange behavior compared to normal, though not enough to alarm any other UAC workers. The UAC's Investigative Division on Earth claimed it was a massive, underground cult activity. They also noticed that the bodies of the scientists had gone missing, and that a gateway in Lunar Central Command where the teleportation experimentation had began was wedged open. Finally, the UAC sent out a detachment of Marines to Lunar Complex 01, the complex on the moon where the attack began and spread from. Upon landing it appeared clear, but as soon as the doors opened the Marines were overwhelmed by the alien force. One marine survived by retreating into the cockpit of the ship and closing the shutters on the cockpit itself. He watched on a security monitor as the monsters dragged his commrades away. Soon after, he received a request for video link-up from Earth. "Hello soldier, I'm glad to see that you're alive. We had received a distress signal and were afraid for the worst. But enough of that. I have a mission for you. The portal wedged open in the Central Command is a gateway to their world, whatever world that may be. I've picked up readings via satellite suggesting that they're taking the scientists through that gateway. I need you to breach the base, enter the portal, and bring back the scientists whether they're dead or alive. They hold valuable information needed to make conclusions and lessons for us to learn before we fully expand to Mars. Your ship is still full capable of flight. Bring them back to me, marine, and you will be well rewarded.

...Dr. Malcom Betruger ending transmission."

That one marine is you. Time to do it to it.

I really like that grated lighting effect. I might have to figure out a way to do that for myself.

Good job on all the shots, but yes, the first shot needs a bit more detail, the grated lighting doesn't steal the show by itself!

Another screenshot from "Map06: The Shadowgate" (It's the map I'm currently working on).

Screen

Which also reminds me...

Map01: Out of the Pan, Into the... (DJ Haruko)
Map02: Confinery Labs (Xenphire)
Map03: Auxiliary Computing (DJ Haruko)
Map04: ???
Map05: Site 5: Sub-Rosa Locus (Xenphire)
Map06: The Shadowgate (Xenphire)
Map07: ???
Map08: Amarathine Fervor (Xenphire)
Map09: The Hell That Awaits (DJ Haruko)
Map10: ???

Also, as a little treat, here is one of the ambient tracks I'm currently working on.

Hey, we're still alive, what'dya know?!

Updated the first post with new screens, info, and a new team member. Check 'em out :)

Map08: Amarathine Fervor, the third link doesn't work for me.
Your music sure sounds evil enough, it looks nice can't wait to check this one out.

Screenshots here for Map02. I didn't have any for the original but to be honest it sucked, so I completely scrapped it. This one is turning out alot more to match the quality of the rest of Scourge.

Update 6.23.05: Added new and/or updated screens for Map01, Map02, Map03, Map08, and Map09. Also added section to credit those who've playtested the map.