Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zodiak

Terri Schiavo :(

gatewatcher said:

And when did she say this, right before she told her parents she wanted to live?

Wait wait, was this the time when she told her parents she wanted to live before or after the accident?

gatewatcher said:

And when did she say this, right before she told her parents she wanted to live?

I'm sure her husband just wants to move on.

She allegedly said it to her husband and a number of friends at occasions like funerals. Which is more than most people have to indicate their desires for medical necessity.

gatewatcher said:

...right before she told her parents she wanted to live?

This supposedly said by a person with no cerebral cortex (meaning she is incapable of all senses, largely incapable of processing language, being conciously aware, or thinking). Also, 80% of her upper brain and large sections of her lower brain is completely destroyed, and probably nothing else is functioning. She didn't say anything to them, and if she did manage to even garble out anything her parents just interpreted it how they wanted.

DARRRRR, BLEEEAH, NNNNNFUGGHGHGHHGHGHGHGH *soils herself*
NYUUUHHH PLEASE KEEP ME IN THIS HORRIBLE STATE BLLLARGH

...Yeah, I can see that happening.

sargebaldy said:

This supposedly said by a person with no cerebral cortex (meaning she is incapable of all senses, largely incapable of processing language, being conciously aware, or thinking). Also, 80% of her upper brain and large sections of her lower brain is completely destroyed, and probably nothing else is functioning. She didn't say anything to them, and if she did manage to even garble out anything her parents just interpreted it how they wanted.

You just don't have any faith!

Numbermind said:

DARRRRR, BLEEEAH, NNNNNFUGGHGHGHHGHGHGHGH *soils herself*
NYUUUHHH PLEASE KEEP ME IN THIS HORRIBLE STATE BLLLARGH

Why do you make fun of the mentally impaired?

He wasn't. He just used that as an example to get a valid point across.

A couple days ago, I saw one of her relatives on TV literally bursting with self-assurance that one of Terry's grunts or moans indicated she wanted to live. They asked her if she wanted to stay alive, and Terry garbled out "IIII!!" and now they all think that ABSOLUTELY translated into "Yes, I want to keep living like this."

.....As opposed to it simply being what's left of her mind and voice box trying to function.

If they're so convinced she said "yes" then why don't they ask her again only this time, get her to nod or shake her head in reply instead of "talking". Surely if she's capable of speaking, which they seem sure of, then perhaps she may be able to reply in one of the simplest ways.

Just my 2 cents.

I dunno, if she's been trained to respond on command, that whole "half of her brain missing" thing might affect how she "thinks" of the questions given to her.

So ends another... eh, I can't even pretend that I care about this issue, let alone the woman herself.

EDIT:

Celebrity Death 1: Johnnie Cochran
Celebrity Death 2: Terri Schiavo
Celebrity Death 3: Pope John Paul II?

Well, I guess this would be a really bad time to post this. (This link goes to newgrounds, BTW)

Sorry to sound so cynical, but I'm glad Terri Shaizo is dead. Maybe the media will focus in on stuff that's much more important than this.

alexz721 said:

Yeah, and thousands more died that same day. No one mentioned them, did they?

You don't care about those thousands more any more than you do Terri, so stop pretending that saying the above makes you superior.

Anyway, it looks like this topic has reached its denouement. RIP, etc.