Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CodeImp

Doom Builder map editor version 1.66 released!

I have a doom builder related question. Sorry if this is documented somewhere, but i'm really new to level building in general.

Is it in anyway possible to only show the flats and textures from the "Additional textures and flats from WAD file" window ... thingy ... you can select when you open a file for some editing?

I have been playing around and testing a bit with the texture filters in the configuration files, but so far im SOL i'm afraid. I have also tried using my pwad as the main wad for the configuration i am using, but i got scared away by the 611 errors that produced.

Reason is im working on a (crappy) TC, and it really hurts ... HURTS i tell you, to scroll through all those beautiful Doom textures to get to the ones i've drawn and plan to use.

Hmm, that brings me to the idea... what about having a setting that when going into texture select i first get all used textures and after pressing a key i get all.

Great work CodeImp. Single best map editor for doom already, and it just keeps getting better. If I have any problems with the new version I'll post them up here. In the meantime, thanks!

Indeed good work!
I especially like the little sprite preview...
Is it somehow possible, that it also shows images for decorate objects in Zdoom?

Bug: The preview image for the tall green torch isn't showing up as it tries to show the TGRE sprite when the actual torch sprite is TGRN. We can all live without it, but since you want feedback, then what the hell.

i have a bug that annoys the crap out of me:
Sometimes when in the older versions of doombuilder when you tried to exit 3d mode it would immediately send you back. I am forced to wait until the direct whatever device fails to initialize then I close the program in the program manager.

If the windowed mode doesn't want to start, then make it an option under the 3d mode options as a checkbox.

That was before i realized that, it would be very cool if you could see the slopes in 3d mode and you could edit their angles too. did you think about putting in an feature to auto-matically create a door out of a sector AND make it so you can save your favorite motifs and load them instead of re-entering the default textures over again. Oh yeah, and maybe have an option where instead of the colored boxes you have pictures of the objects so you tell the difference between your shotgun guys and chaingunners quickly. the player starts could be numbers and deathmatch starts could be a D. That would make doom builder the undisputable best. in windows that is.

Found a bug.

Make a group of things have a Z height of 128. Then select them all, go into properties and click the down scroll arrow on the Z height box. It says 120++ instead of 8--.

I have a suggestion. Maybe be able to use resources from more than 1 different wad. If making a wad using Doom in Hexen format and you are using a texture pack, you have to swap from Doom2 textures to the texture pack etc.

I have not found any thing wrong with DoomBuilder, it sure runs a hell of a lot better than DeePSea does, plus there is not as many stupid errors like some other editors I can think of (not naming any names)...
So far I am very pleased with DoomBuilder! :)