Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

Yearly Mordeth Update

Recommended Posts

Mordeth updated the Mordeth site with news that Mordeth (the project) is still not released yet. In other news, Mord (the person) has been playing with some of the new features in Eternity such as portals and 3DMidTex which are sure to make him want to go back at redo all the maps, thus extending the development of the project another twenty years. I'd be mad, but it turns out infinity plus twenty is still infinity, so it's all good. Oh yeah, there's a new screenshot you can check out too.

Share this post


Link to post

sp.

yeah, i've been thinking of going back through e1 just because i love the atmosphere so damned much.

that new screenshot kicks ass.

on the plus side, even with the new eternity effects, redoing the old maps shouldn't be much more than simple fix-ups of the environment, right?

Share this post


Link to post

Restarted another level. Changing engines. All the same, yup

Oh, TP.

Share this post


Link to post

Somehow it is amazing that projects for Eternity take an eternity to finish. Sadly, this source port is aptly named... :(

Share this post


Link to post
Graf Zahl said:

Somehow it is amazing that projects for Eternity take an eternity to finish. Sadly, this source port is aptly named... :(


Sorry I can't help it.

Eternity > Zdoom

Share this post


Link to post

Yay, only another 20 years to wait!

Let's see, if people don't get off their arses and start making original games the Doom community will still be active by the time this is released... ok, I'll stop stating the obvious now.

Share this post


Link to post
Opulent said:

When Duke Forever is released, I'm checking Mord's page daily.


rofflewaffle. they've been in development for about the same amount of time, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Kaiser said:

Sorry I can't help it.

Eternity > Zdoom

You know what Serious Sam shouts at the beginning of Fight0x.mp3's in SS1 (I mean First encounter not System Shock 1 :P )?
...
WAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post

<insert wacky joke about how long Mordeth has been in production here>

That new screenshot is impressive.

Only regarding the development time of projects. :P

There are tons of things that make Eternity superior to ZDoom. For example, at least Eternity's portals actually work worth a damn. ZDoom's stacked sectors are pretty much unusable. You do one wrong thing, and, wallah, instant HOM! Oh yeah, and sometimes i'll cause a hom even if you don't do anything wrong.

Of course there are other things, but that's just one of the more obvious examples.

Not that I hate ZDoom or anything either. I use both engines very often.

Share this post


Link to post
Chrono_T said:

Awesome! I can't wait fo..... eterity?! NOES!!!! (goes into corner of the basement and sobs)


Your a dirty butt.

Share this post


Link to post

i really know nothing about eternity. maybe i'll make a map for it to teach myself, once i'm done with some current projects. btw, what is 3dMidTex?

Share this post


Link to post
AgentSpork said:

There are tons of things that make Eternity superior to ZDoom.


...and there are tons of other things that make ZDoom superior to Eternity. In the end they are hardly comparable due to their different feature sets.

Why do some people here need to start a pissing contest about things like this every time they come up?

Anyway, let's hope that 'Eternity' doesn't become the norm for projects made for Eternity. Otherwise there will be more cruel jokes about its name.
I'd like to see stuff using its features but so far there's only SoM's lonely map out there...

Share this post


Link to post
MasterOfPuppets said:

i really know nothing about eternity. maybe i'll make a map for it to teach myself, once i'm done with some current projects. btw, what is 3dMidTex?


Mid textures that clip

Share this post


Link to post
udderdude said:

Oh boy, I can't wait for this to come out! ::holds breath::

You do realize that by holding your breath you are dooming (heh) yourself to holding it for an eternity (heh).

Share this post


Link to post
Graf Zahl said:

...and there are tons of other things that make ZDoom superior to Eternity. In the end they are hardly comparable due to their different feature sets.

Why do some people here need to start a pissing contest about things like this every time they come up?

Anyway, let's hope that 'Eternity' doesn't become the norm for projects made for Eternity. Otherwise there will be more cruel jokes about its name.
I'd like to see stuff using its features but so far there's only SoM's lonely map out there...


I agree, Zdoom and eternity are two completely different ports with different directions and different feature sets. I think people start the penis measuring contests because the majority of Doomers are of highschool age and are into that sort of thing (I would like to avert the flame war right now by stating that this was a joke and I'm kidding)

As for eternity projects I agree. I'm tired of the retarded "ETERNITY PROJECTS TAKE AN ETERNITY LOLZ" jokes (those get funnier every single fucking time someone makes them) so let us pray that Mordeth gets E2 done. I'd really like to see Millennium too, I've seen betas of the maps and GOD THEY RULE. As for my lonely eternity map, there may be a little brother for it in the works :) I've got a whole new set of features related to portals coming in the next few versions of Eternity that I would very much like to show off...

Share this post


Link to post
SoM said:

I think people start the penis measuring contests because the majority of Doomers are of highschool age and are into that sort of thing (I would like to avert the flame war right now by stating that this was a joke and I'm kidding)


just 'cuz it's a joke don't mean it ain't true

Share this post


Link to post

Mordeth, because DNF sucks.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×