Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
psyren

Doom1 modifications

I have been able to get new textures, flats, music, TITLEPIC, etc., working in my Doom2 wads. Is this actually possible with Doom1? I have experimented and XWE doesn't seem able to do it. Only reason I am wasting your time here.

I am trying for cross-port compatibility, and I am totally ignorant of any ZDoom, JDoom or Legacy tricks.

I just want to add things to a map for Doom1/Ultimate Doom and not sure if even possible. A simple yes or no would set me right.

Lump management works the same for Doom as it does for Doom II.

If you are doing custom textures/flats/whatever and going for .exe compatibility, remember to use appropriate XX_START and X_END markers, where X is F(lat), P(atch), or S(prite).

Thanks EQ. I experimented with this before I could even get textures into a Doom2 wad and failed with XWE.

BTW, I have your site listed on mine as a source for textures. I couldn't use any of yours in my mapset yet, but love the site. :)

I'm starting work on a Doom I wad and just wanted to know the possiblities before attempting anything.

So really, I can replace anything in Doom I the same as can be done in Doom II?

psyren said:

So really, I can replace anything in Doom I the same as can be done in Doom II?

Yep.

psyren said:

BTW, I have your site listed on mine as a source for textures. I couldn't use any of yours in my mapset yet, but love the site. :)

Holy shit, now there's my motivation for finishing my rennovation of the site. I better get crackin. D:

Well, I tried that, but now Legacy won't run the map because it says "missing required texture in patch AASHITY" and goes right down the list.

I read somewhere that to replace even one texture in Doom1, all of them need to be added into the wad.

They also said that to avoid having to do this (making a huge wadfile) that a program called DeuSF could be included in the zipped wad instead.

http://www.geocities.com/timessquare/8666/faqdoom4.html

I have no idea what they are talking about and am completely ignorant of DOS, so I'll prolly bag the whole idea and just stick to Doom2 :(