Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bucket

Photoshop 7 problems

I really don't feel like reinstalling yet, so I'll just ask around.

I have PS7 installed at the office. Something's happened recently that I can't undo: whenever I choose a rectangular selection, and do something like Select>Modify>Smooth, the corners are aliased. Now my fills look blocky and disgusting(even when I'm working in a PSD). I haven't yet found a setting that undoes this, and can't imagine what I did that made it happen in the first place. Every other selection tool works as expected.

My jagged webpages thank you.

Numbermind said:

I really don't feel like reinstalling yet, so I'll just ask around.

Select>Modify>Smooth

(feather, border, smooth expand, contract)? Either way, on the top bar under file edit, etc, is there a checked option that states "anit-aliasing" for the selection tool? There is one in PS CS, I'm not sure about 7. If there is, uncheck it and it should work fine.

It's always greyed out. And unchecked by default. Logic would say I need it CHECKED. Or that it's totally unrelated. Anyway, it's always greyed out. And unchecked by default.

I'm afraid his input may be too technical for me to understand. Besides-- I'm sure if he wanted to help me he'd have already gained access to my root, decompiled the .EXE, and inserted some assembly line code.

I can't help with that specific problem, but one pointer I can give is to uninstall 7 and replace it with 6.