Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ToyoWolf

There's this DooM comic I want to read...What/Where is it?

A panel of it shows in the top left corner of the DooMWorld page at random. It shows doomguy yelling something while punching the CyberDemon (with the word BONK.). Where can I read that comic,it looks funny! :)

Oh Man, That was hiralious, if only for the sheer stupidity of it! I loved it when *SPOILERS*

...He came out of the toxic waste and talked about protecting the enviroment.

"Hi! I'm doomguy, reminding you to protect your enviroment. Now I blow the creatures of Hell up for a living (Imp:ROAR! *BOOM*),and those bastards never clean up after themselves, and they pollute the planet.But we clean up after them because we want to keep our planet as clean as possible. Help keep your planet clean. Don't Litter!" -This PSA brought to you by your United States Government. "Hi, I'm Joe Lieberman, and I approve this message!"-

YOU ARE HUGE! THAT MEANS YOU'VE GOT HUGE GUTS!!! RIP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS!!!!!!

This comic is what happens when a craze hits and you cant control the outcome for all the numerous paraphenalia. There was a movie with John Cusack where he goes back to his old town, I forgot the name and it wasnt very good. However, there was this one scene where there is a shoot out at this gas station, and tucked neatly in the cornor was a DooM II arcade machine they even show you the game shots and controls, very cool. I was unaware that these existed, but its just another example how how many things go out there unoticed. But back to the comic, Im surprised id even allowed its name and any other relationship to DooM to even be associated with this, this...thing. I have read it on the web and boy am I glad that I did not buy this thing. And is it just me or did anyone else notice that the cyberdemon is like only 2 feet taller than doomguy the first time but then at the end he get like 20 feet taller? Just wondering, plus the supposed plasma gun looked more like the rocket launcher. Also how did he get over being radioactive, last I checked that was a bad thing and usually ended up killing you.

sinyx said:

However, there was this one scene where there is a shoot out at this gas station, and tucked neatly in the cornor was a DooM II arcade machine they even show you the game shots and controls, very cool. I was unaware that these existed, but its just another example how how many things go out there unoticed.

They don't exist. Nobody ever really made Doom arcade machines, unless they stuck a PC inside an arcade cabinet.

sinyx said:

Also how did he get over being radioactive, last I checked that was a bad thing and usually ended up killing you.

The same way he gets over it ingame: medikit.

Was the Doom comic actually sold? I thought it just came with the ID Anthology.

I saw it in a nintendo magazine ages ago, when they had a big feature about doom 64, even though its clearly based on the PC/Playstation/Saturn version instead..heh

sinyx said:

There was a movie with John Cusack

Grosse Pointe Blank.

The absolute greatest part of the movie is right before the bad guy dies. He yells, "POPCORN!" and promptly gets a TV smashed over his head. BEST LAST WORDS EVER.

Man, that's the only scene in that movie that I remember. Wasn't that Dan Akroyd who got the TV to the head?