Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anima Zero

Kama Sutra Demopack [Released!]

Yeah, and don't I know it. :p (An annoying number of my map10 UV Speed attempts failed because the archie only knocked 20 of my health.)

Isn't it possible to exit map02 dead though (it was with the initial release, IIRC)? Edit: just tried a few times: OK on UV, no luck on NM (the slide never seems to make it to the exit). Hmm.

Something new by me:
kn03-005 (NM Speed)
ks08-010 (UV Speed)
ks10-005 (UV Speed)
ks21-026 (UV Speed)

EDIT:
kp03-006 (UV Pacifist)

ragnew: I finally got around to doing a nice demo today that you'll like...a map31 UV-Max in 14:30 using some route changes/different strategies I came up with. I wouldn't be surprised though to see this time go even lower since my performance in the BSK room was so-so as well as having to return to the first part of the map for some health.

I'd imagine that a time below 14 mins should be a realistic goal to to attain on this map.

Oh, and several close calls too (I'd...rather not say what happens at the YSK cyber, but if single digit health is your fancy, then what happens there will be right up your alley ^_^).

Sending the demo to Ops now.

Note: I used GLBoom 2.2.6 -complevel 0 to record the demo, just to be on the safe side.

AWESOME news Anima and Gusta! Have to watch both of those demos when they're posted!

Opulent said:

I've never been good at getting it in the hole. I guess that's what Ksutra is all about. :P

hahaha

Just watched your map31 demo Anima! Very, very cool demo in all aspects! Love the low health moments, hehe, and you had to add that little part in the txt file didn't you?

Okay, I'll give it a go with your route and see if I can improve the time.

I was told that my demo for map12 was not compatible, so I re-recorded in time 3:03...I will send on Monday I will like to see 2:40 from somebody on that map.

Just sent Ops my latest (maybe last) uv maxdemo for map31, time for this one is 14:11. Not the best demo in the world by any means, but after several other attempt I got frusterated, and decided this is gonna be it...

GREAT job on your demo Anima, the route change was awesome!

EDIT : Alrighty Anima, I finally did it man, map31 maxdemo done in 13:41 ('Bout damn time I tell ya). Just sent it off to Ops, now I can officially say I'm done with this map. No more frustration for me).

ragnew said:

Alrighty Anima, I finally did it man, map31 maxdemo done in 13:41 ('Bout damn time I tell ya). Just sent it off to Ops, now I can officially say I'm done with this map. No more frustration for me).

Yippie ^_^! Great job on finally getting sub-14. Was great to watch (the 14:11 was nice too just because of all the low health situations :P).

I think it'll be hard now to push it under 13 mins now unless someone gets really lucky. Around 13:30 or less would be more likely though.

I wouldn't worry about your time being beaten, as it's a very good right now. Great job once again!

Now I'd imagine your focus is to do map14 in under 7 mins. Good luck on that one.

Damn! On Map08 is an buggy monster teleporter. 5 imps and an archvile don't like to teleport after the player enters the yellow key area. Don't know if this happens all the time, but it just happened four times out of four.

Angus Thermopyle said:

Damn! On Map08 is an buggy monster teleporter. 5 imps and an archvile don't like to teleport after the player enters the yellow key area. Don't know if this happens all the time, but it just happened four times out of four.

Yeah, that happened to me when I tried to record on that level. I'd notice that my kills were only like 194/200 or something close to that. I'd then check the map with IDDT and find that group of monsters can't teleport in cause one monster stays just past the teleport line while also preventing the other monsters from crossing said teleport line. So yeah, it is bugged, but they can come out (if you get lucky that is :P).

Oh, and both groups of 5 imps and an archie may not teleport out if you get extremely unlucky (I think that happened to me only once though).

Anima Zero said:

Yippie ^_^! Great job on finally getting sub-14. Was great to watch (the 14:11 was nice too just because of all the low health situations :P).

I think it'll be hard now to push it under 13 mins now unless someone gets really lucky. Around 13:30 or less would be more likely though.

I wouldn't worry about your time being beaten, as it's a very good right now. Great job once again!

Now I'd imagine your focus is to do map14 in under 7 mins. Good luck on that one.

Thanks! Yeah, 13:30 or under would be really cool to see, though, I don't think I'll be the one to try it.. :)

As far as map14's goes, I can't seem to get it any lower then the 7:38 mark that I did a few days ago. Think I'll leave it up to Gusta where the below 7 minute mark is concerned.

But, I'm going to be taking a break from Doom for a while, kind of burn myself out faster where this game is involved now a days.

GREAT demos everyone, and I'm glad that Gusta and Method's hard work and determination have paid off with all the recordins that this megawad is getting.

It's been fun.

Bug in map8? I am sorry for that, I don't remember any problems while testing this map though. I think I should record a demo with all kills for this map myself to see if it's really luck-related. sorry once again.
Btw. We found with Method another similar bug in map19, it's easy to let one archie teleport in, but you have to kill some monsters not to block him. :(((

yeah, plutonia has these kind of bugs (non-teleportiong monsters). This is because you use a teleport line that works only once. So if the teleport spot gets blocked (by player or monster) when the monster triggers the linedef it will not work. So the effect gets wasted and the line no longer works.

To avoid that use reusable teleport lines...in this case it's very stupid to use one time only lines ...

I agree, "luckily" that archie in map19 is an only case we have found that accidently have only once usable teleport-line.
about the bug in map08.. I still don't understand what causes, that you have to wait some while till the one group of monsters will teleport in. In editor seems everything OK, maybe the teleported cacodemons block the imps&archie to teleport or something..?

Wow, had no idea this was out. Hm... let's see what I can do here.

What maps are still unfinished? If I get time I can try to do something =)

Hmm....

Altima said:

How about a maxdemo for map 28? ^^

Gusta said:

about the bug in map08.. I still don't understand what causes, that you have to wait some while till the one group of monsters will teleport in. In editor seems everything OK, maybe the teleported cacodemons block the imps&archie to teleport or something..?

When the teleport spot is blocked (that happens to me all the time) the first imp crosses the line without teleporting. Normally he and all other imps would run forwards and backwards and would teleport one after another. But there's an archvile behind them, who doesn't let them move backwards cause of his speed (all imps are blocked this way). So no imp can teleport even the teleport spot is free.

Altima said:

Well, for UV-Max, there's map 4, 8, 9 (The maxdemo on KSutra-N for map 9 desynches, unless it got replaced and I'm just seeing things ^_^), 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 24, 28, and 29.

Also, my map 19, 23, and 32 maxdemos could stand to be improved some as well if you want to check those out.

Good luck!