Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anima Zero

Kama Sutra Demopack [Released!]

There's also a nice rocket jump possible on map09, using the right-hand wall to jump over the pit... this wad could be finished in a blink, TAS style.

Ok, demo request time!

After having 2 successful exits on map08 desynch on me (5:58 using GLBoom 2.2.4 -complevel 0 and a 6:09 using GLBoom 2.2.6_7 -complevel 0), I'd like to see someone else try their luck at getting an exit. That, or someone gives me an idea of what I could try differently.

Oh, and both demos desynched at the same place (Just after RSK door).

That being said, I'm going to go watch Richie's new map20 demo for now :).

Map04 NM net1 Speed/Pacifist in 0:02.

For some reason I decided I absolutely had to do map04 in 2 seconds, and found a way: in 1-player coop mode (i.e. single-player with multiplayer monsters). This adds a useful archie, who speeds your path to the exit (but also tends to block the exit too, since he's standing on it).

The zip also includes a 0:03 demo with a weird crash upon exiting the map (also crashes during playback) and an even weirder 0:21 where a slow-motion exit slide takes about 17 seconds and turns a corner.

Note that these net1 demos need two command lines both to record and to play back (if using prboom/glboom). Instructions are in the text-file. Edit: I tried converting this (with LMPC) into a 2-player coop demo for easier playback, but Player 2 diverts some of the monsters' attention, and the demo desyncs.

Vile: yes, I'd wondered about that gap. Perhaps it's a shame that's possible, since a speedrun along the "intended" route in map09 would be very entertaining to watch.

Anima Zero said:

That, or someone gives me an idea of what I could try differently.

Well, there's always Doom2.exe (with -nosound if need be). That might at least give an idea of whether it's a problem with the map or with prboom.

Did another UV max on map31, managed to shave about two minutes off of my previous demo. This one was 20:00 exactly. I'm going to check it out to make sure this one doesn't desync (I used 2.2.6 complevel 0 this time).

Then I'll send it off to Ops.

ragnew said:

Did another UV max on map31, managed to shave about two minutes off of my previous demo. This one was 20:00 exactly. I'm going to check it out to make sure this one doesn't desync (I used 2.2.6 complevel 0 this time).

Then I'll send it off to Ops.

Hoo boy, that'll be another nice one to watch (Your map20 in 13:57 run was great too).

Grazza: Well, Doom2.exe doesn't work on my computer anymore, so that's outta the picture.

Just did my last run for map31, the time for this one is 19:04. I was just trying to get it below the 20 minute mark... :) Had many goes before this that were ending up pretty good, but the DAMN cyber behind the blue door, or his buddy that warps in after you grab the yellow key fed me a few rockets.

Sending it to Ops now.

YEAH! Map26 UV Max improved to 9:22. Perhaps my best demo ever. (EDIT: that's not true, there are too many little mistakes, under 9 minutes is of course possible).
I hope it's uploaded to ksutra-n soon.

Did a map07 UV-Max in 3:32. My strategy was kinda made up on the go, so I'm not sure if this is a good time for the level. Sending to Ops now.

EDIT: Just did a UV-Speed for map21 in 1:01. Small time saving trick with going around the bars before 1st teleporter leading to BSK. Sending to Ops.

Anima Zero said:

EDIT: Just did a UV-Speed for map21 in 1:01. Small time saving trick with going around the bars before 1st teleporter leading to BSK. Sending to Ops.

There's a faster way to do this level. Run until you reach the invuln at the imps, then return to the archviles at the start. They can vault you over the wall, which lets you avoid having to use the blue door. It also makes pacifist style possible.

Just got done with a maxdemo for map14. Not the best demo in the world, kind of experimental, but it's okay I guess.

Time was 12:17

Sent it off to Ops.

EDIT : Redid level and got a 10:36 run. This one was quite a bit better in the long run. Set it to Ops as well.

Anima Zero said:

Did a map07 UV-Max in 3:32. My strategy was kinda made up on the go, so I'm not sure if this is a good time for the level.

As you suspected, the strategy can be improved. Here's a map07 UV Max in 3:18 demonstrating both a faster route/strategy and my inability to aim (well, the manc part was OK, but otherwise...) or to perform any tricks cleanly. :p

2 improved demos here...

First off, did map21 UV-Speed+Pacifist in :32. Thanks for telling me about the trick Vile!

Secondly, using Grazza's route improvements, did a map07 UV-Max in 3:00 (Minute-freaks are probably gonna laugh over that time ^_^).

Sending both demos to Ops.

Hello all,

I'm going through "Kama Sutra" for the first time (waited for the final release), and I'm impressed so far!

This is a little demo of map 3 UV pacifist in 0:13, showing off a new(?) trick (Arch-Vile suicide jump). Pacifist is surely possible using Doomerman's UV speed route, but this was just a fun thing I discovered. The time can be much improved (I'm guessing optimal time with this route/trick is 0:07). Used PrBoom 2.2.4, with -complevel 0. Enjoy!

EDIT: I'll get around to watching the demos here shortly. I'm sure they're everything I'm hoping they'll be. :-)

Kristian Ronge said:

This is a little demo of map 3 UV pacifist in 0:13, showing off a new(?) trick (Arch-Vile suicide jump). Pacifist is surely possible using Doomerman's UV speed route, but this was just a fun thing I discovered. The time can be much improved (I'm guessing optimal time with this route/trick is 0:07).

Here's a 0:07 (map03 UV Pacifist), but it's clearly not optimal. OK, it's a slightly modified version of your idea, putting the rocket launcher to improved use, but still relies on the archie in much the same way.

The rocket/archie jump is quite an interesting one. If you run any further, the archie loses sight of you. Any further back and the wall is in the way.

Grazza said:
OK, it's a slightly modified version of your idea, putting the rocket launcher to improved use, but still relies on the archie in much the same way.

Whoa! Wish I'd thought of that! (I did try to do a RJ suicide via the wall from below, but didn't think of combining it with the AV jump) Nice demo! :-)

Wow, I am surprised. Thanks to Grazza he told me about this thread, because I havent known about it. If you guys dont mind I will send all your demos to our page too. I hope I wont overlook anýthing.
And on the other side I send all the demos we just have to this link.

Update: http://www.ksutra-n.wz.cz/
2 Anima Zero: (ad. ks21-032)
"Time-wise, I think it's close to optimal. :31 should be possible, 30 might be tough to get." - you mean - tough for keyboarder, right?
2 Vile:
"There's also a nice rocket jump possible on map09" - you don't need rocketjump, check out this - http://www.ksutra-n.wz.cz/speed/ks09-018dobber.zip - that wallrun speed you enough to reach the second side of pit.

dobberman said:

Please note that my kx04-002 demo is not built or TAS or whatever. It is a one-player demo with coop monsters (called "net1" at compet-n), recorded normally, using prboom_server.exe.

dobberman said:

Update: http://www.ksutra-n.wz.cz/
2 Anima Zero: (ad. ks21-032)
"Time-wise, I think it's close to optimal. :31 should be possible, 30 might be tough to get." - you mean - tough for keyboarder, right?

Heh, now that I think about, yeah, probably tough for a keyboarder ^_^.

2 Grazza: fixed, baby..
And, Grazza, by the way, pretty good pacifist on ks03, but still don't know why you didn't use the speed route, it's not so hard...