Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RamboBones

Replay Conundrum

I'm working on making my first built replay and I'm doing Doom 2 Map 2 except I've hid a major brick wall. After getting the blue key I go through the next door and there's just imps in the way, I've been trying to get around them for nearly 3 hours without much luck. The replay can be found ]here to give you an idea. Obviously this is a speed run so I need some way of changing the monster randomizations to get them out of the way, but have had no such luck. Any ideas?

having never built or TAS'd a similar type of run, I don't have any input.
look closely at the Map02 TAS demos/movies that already exist... perhaps that helps.

Opulent said:

having never built or TAS'd a similar type of run, I don't have any input.
look closely at the Map02 TAS demos/movies that already exist... perhaps that helps.

I've looked over Andreys 30uv1441 frame by frame and to put it simply he just seems to get lucky that they're not in the way

Well, I suppose the basic problem is that those areas are chock full of monsters.

Sedlo's pa02x031 (TAS UV Pacifist) might give you some ideas though. The fact that he hadn't woken up some of the monsters by firing presumably helped in that one respect. (The five relevant imps are deaf, but their freedom to move can be restricted by the sergeants.)

Even in the pacifist run he wakes up all the same monsters I do in that area, and (looking in walkcam mode) they all cluster around the door until a bit before sedlo gets there when they all move out of the way.

Well I managed to get through although I lost some time, I was hoping to beat andrey's time for this level and was ahead of him by a second until those imps, ohh well 26 seconds isn't to bad :P. On the upside I managed to cut 1 second off andreys ]map 4 run