Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Napalm

It won't customize!

I just bought the Doom Collecter's pack, and I got a little problem.
When I start a game (right now Doom 2), it starus with that lauch window. When I customize the controls, and try to enable the mouse, I applied it, started the game and it was set to the games controls. I've tried many times, and it doesn't work. Not even the mouse, which you have to turn on in the customize.
Am I doing something wrong?
Or is there something I'm not doing, and could someone help me?

Since it's a DOS game, OS's like WinME, Win2K and WinXP have a lot of problems getting the mouse to work.

I'd suggest installing Win95B if that's the case, or playing Doom like it's meant to be played: with a keyboard ;)

My suggestion is to try installing the DOS version (as oppose to Doom95) and then trying one of the "pure" source ports, the best of which is PrBoom.

playing Doom like it's meant to be played: with a keyboard ;)

HELL YES! Join the keyboarders! :D

Try checking the all the files in the folder where the game(s) are installed to make sure they aren't read only. This would prevent you from saving your custom configuration.

...or use a source port, for god's sake!

That won't solve the problem of him using a shitty OS though.

No! It can't be true!

Sorry, but I grew up on a mouse, and it allows me for quicker turns and reflexes.
There has to be a way.

Bah! I hardly ever use a mouse. NEVER in DM. Only in weapons mods that have accurate weapons. I use the mouse then and only then.

Hey Napalm!!! LOL, never expected to see you here. LOL, sorry it's just too dang funny. I can't help it, seriously. Anyways, this is Weirdguy in case you're wondering what weirdo knows who you are on some completely strange forum. By the way, it's not DOS, he's using Windows Doom, so it should work with Windows. I still think a source port will solve all your problems, just get one like I said and try it (he brought this problem up on another forum and I told him to come here).

I play Doom under Zdoom, and my OS is Win2k...
I have no problem with the mouse yet, it works well.

Try to launch your wads with Zdoom and see...

I was gonna say make sure you click on the "Apply Now" button, but I think there's more to it than that.

BTW, don't be fooled by what it says in the manual.pdf about recording demos. There is a way; just use the DOS command line parameter for recording demos.

(i.e., cd\progra~1\doomco~1, then it will say c:\program files\DOOM Collector's Editon\, then say you want to play DOOM 2, you would complete with doom2\doom95.exe -record demo.lmp)

king, howcome when you reply, it is alwase an advert for your front end?

Because I don't use this forum for other things than promotion.

king, howcome when you reply, it is alwase an advert for your front end?

Because I don't use this forum for other things than promotion.

You should at least join threads like Furry Doomers and chat about dog sex and fucking in costumes in graveyards an shit. Have a giggle.

Bah! I hardly ever use a mouse. NEVER in DM. Only in weapons mods that have accurate weapons. I use the mouse then and only then.

I use the mouse if and only if I'm playing DM. DM with the mouse is when I'm at my best, but if I get into the keyboard groove in DM I'm actually mediocorely good.

Hey, Weirdguy. Thanks for the advice, guys. Do people play Doom multiplayer often?
If so, would somebody play me? I've actually never played any kind of multiplayer.

Hey, Weirdguy. Thanks for the advice, guys. Do people play Doom multiplayer often?
If so, would somebody play me? I've actually never played any kind of multiplayer.

Whos weirdguy?