Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Corrupted Marine

[new project]download The Spartan Battlefields demo here:

hello, corrupt marine here, and im here just to let you guys check out my new project. i know that my last attempt on a project was a failure, as i quit the team and turned it over to my ex level designer ImpClaw. but this project will succeed, and heres the screenshots to prove my progress...

its being created for zdoom. and will be released very soon. beleive it or not. umm, theres really no story, as the project is only one level. the story is basically this...
11 years after the incident of hell on earth, you are inserted in an infected base and your objective is to activate the self destruct.

the first two weapons are my original. and the shotgun is from another source. i will credit the maker. also the wad has new sounds and music. and also has new status bar graphics as you can see. very cool. took me forever to complete this status bar.

Awesome! A centered SPAS-12.

Anyway, the shots could use some better texturing, I think detail is fine(although if you have extra time on your hands it wouldn't hurt to add more).

It's just the texturing that needs work, each shot looks pretty monotone, especially the 2nd and 3rd, just mix up the colors a bit, makes the level look less flat.

I like the gun graphics though. However, if all the weapons are going to be centered then the pistol should be centered as well.

Looks interesting, might want to add some more detail though.

Detail these it looks boring to me,those weapons look awful stick to the original ones,or make them better.
Other than that good luck:)

I'd rather see You finish "The Corruption". Otherwise some good weapons will go down the drain as I believe that project won't stand up.
Good luck on Your current project tough.

dutch devill said:

Detail these it looks boring to me,those weapons look awful stick to the original ones,or make them better.
Other than that good luck:)

jeez, i know im not the best weapon graphic designer, but jeez...
and the level is in its early stage. so yeah i am going back for more details.

Nmn said:

I'd rather see You finish "The Corruption". Otherwise some good weapons will go down the drain as I believe that project won't stand up.
Good luck on Your current project tough.

well i quit the project. i wasnt ready for a team. its too much confusion, and i didnt plan out everything right. but ImpClaw is working on the project now, i turned it over to him.

corrupt_marine said:

ummm yeah i think so, i got if from a weapons mod.

Say, the SPAS-12 and those status numbers came from my own weapon mod, "Extreme Measures." I actually made those numbers myself - not that I don't want you to use them, I'm actually grateful that you thought they were cool enough to use in your own project.

As for the SPAS-12 - I got it from Alien Vs Predator on the Jaguar, then recolored it gray.

corrupt_marine said:

well i quit the project. i wasnt ready for a team. its too much confusion, and i didnt plan out everything right. but ImpClaw is working on the project now, i turned it over to him.

Between us, I think Impclaw is too less experienced than You to carry this project out (I mean The Corruption). And about teams-perhaps You are right to do everything Yourself. It's very hard to find a good friend helping You out in a mod. Trust me.

There are plenty of Good weapons in the Corruption ;-) Might wanna ask Impclaw about them tough.

ok playtesters, heres a little bit of the first level for your enjoyment. oh and one more thing, instead of the level being indoors, like on the previous screenshots, its all mostly an outdoor level with some seriously cool sloping. so download it here:

http://www.midsouth.com/~bigdogd/spartan.wad
the spartan battlefields demo wad

tell me what you think, i just want to know if i should continue with this project or quit while im ahead. if the community doesnt like it then ill ditch it.

corrupt_marine said:

/me clears his throat

WHAT?!? YOU QUIT THE CORRUPTION? No no no.... if you QUIT, you would have TOLD US, not just up and decided to leave Impclaw and I WAITING FOR YOU, LIKE YOU DID. I was hoping to talk to you about the project, but it seems you just don't care.

Indeed, I think impclaw needs more experience before leading a team, but he's got energy for what he's doing, and he wants to see this project come to fruition, as do I. Oh wait, you didn't know I was a mapper for it, did you? Because you tossed it aside without even notifying us. Dolt.

first of all, i didnt quit the project because i didnt care, i quit because impclaw was doing so well on his own, and my gun graphics suck. ive had plenty of people tell me that. im still learning how to do gun graphics and i just cant do it right. i think the major problem is that i dont know how to use paintshop 9.0 layers. theyre very confusing.
but if you still need me for the project, then i will join sign back on... whatever you want. although you prolly dont need me no more, but i could add some spice on some more graphics for you guys...

oh and heres the hyperlink for the wad:

http://www.midsouth.com/~bigdogd/spartan.WAD

if that dont work, then i guess ill still have to wait for wadsinprogress to come back on, it isnt working on my computer.

care or not, you could have at least had the decency to notify us. Please remember that next time you are working with a group. An I apologize for yelling. I wasn't in too good a mood at the time of that post.

corrupt_marine said:

i just want to know if i should continue with this project or quit while im ahead. if the community doesnt like it then ill ditch it.

Ok. I'll speak in the name of few people that care.
Ditch this thing
And get Your butt back to Corruption so You guys can finish it once and for all! I did a couple of weapons for the project, not to mention modified Your guns a wee bit so Your graphics don't suck. If anything I'll twix and fix Your weapons if they sux0r to make something better out of them or I'll guide You to enlightnment, heck, ask me anything, You or Submerge or Impclaw want and good luck, with The Corruption!

EDITage: Not to mention-don't trash this project You've done so far. Carry what You have produced over to Corruption and merge these 2 projects to gain more resources ;-)

well im back on Team Corruption now, and im trying to make up for lost ground, but for those interested, try this out...

http://www.midsouth.com/~bigdogd/CM_GUNS.WAD
its all the guns that will be featured in this wad, but now that im back on the team, the weapons here will probably be featured in The Corruption project, but not sure yet. anyway tell me what you think about these gun graphics. the hacking has yet to be done, but i will use some coding on them and make em better.

damnit! i knew someone was going to say that, i just didnt want to take 30 minutes out of my day to create another hand holding the side... but if it makes you happy, then fuck it ill do it!

corrupt_marine said:

please post questions, comments, complaints.

Yeah got one,those plasma bullets don't come out of the rifle itself,but they appear in the centre of the screen.
Take a look at the screen,your weapon is on the right side and when you fire the bullets appear in the centre,just like the bullets from the original plasma rifle do.
I hope you know how to fix it cause it looks...well a bit strange.