Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Nekr0s1s

everything i see in-game is black! (except the lights, monitor screens, etc.)

hi.

i have the doom 3 demo and when i'm in-game, i can't see anything, everything's black, except the lights, the monitor screens, etc. but i see the menu screen. do you know what is this? well, i don't know my graphics card, but according to the Windows video properties, it says: "Samsung Syncmaster 550v em SiS 661FX_760_741_M661FX_M760_M741"
i think it's my graphics card. it's just that i don't (but i'd like to) know my computer specs. i ONLY know my processor and how much of Ram memory i have. but anyways, i can run the demo without any problems. runs a bit slow, but it's fine.

You can get your cpu/ram info by right clicking 'my computer' and selecting properties.
And yes, you do need to upgrade your video card. SiS is a no go.

You can also find out your system specs by clicking the "start" button, then on "run", and typing in "dxdiag" [ENTER].

On the main menu, can you see the grid pattern in the background? Maybe your graphic's brightness is very low or something. I had a similar problem when I first played as this monitor is very dark even at full brightness.

Just a guess.