Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

working in co, with co-workers.

How do you feel about the people you work with? Is your place of business a shinning example of comradery? Or a den of impossible idiots?

Please shear!

(note, for you School\Uni\Collage going groovers can talk spill about your fellow students to).

I work with guys 15-30 years older than I am. They all have "families" and I am single. They all listen to pop country music at work, which I despise since I have to put up with its brainwashing every damn day. They all drive full sized (or larger, heh) domestic pickups while I drive a "rice burner". They all go deer hunting and fish, I tend a garden and have an aquarium. They all voted for bush, I voted *cough* badnarik. They all drink beer, I smoke grass and drink tequila. Let's just say I tend to be at odds with these guys more often then not, even over the most trivial of things.

I am the odd man out and I hate it. If I wasn't making $14 an hour I'd tell them to go fuck themselves.

Due to the nature of my course, a lot of the people on it are gaming nerds. I often hear cries of "all your base" while sitting in my lectures. Of course, I'm a gaming nerd too, so I guess I fit in. There's a few people that I hang around with because they don't get on my nerves like the hardcore nerds to.

Funny you should mention that. Today we had to 'let go' of someone whom I've known since 6th grade.

The people I work with stright up suck!!!
I also work as a chef, and have to put up with picky ass people and their food.
God I miss the I.T. feild...

old insane fuckers who are as likely to piss up the nearest wall as take the time and effort to locate a toilet.

It depends on your sense of humour, I suppose. As for the carers, they are mostly fucking idiot retards who wipe 20 asses a day and think that somehow that makes them lord and chiefs of the fucking universe. There are a few that are actually good at their job, but they are few and far between.

Most of them are pretty cool, and in fact, I've developed some friends while working where I do. Except one man, who will sit there and bore you to death with endless, boring ramblings even when you're straight-up ignoring him. Not to mention he's lazy.

But other than that, I work with cool people. We all have quite different tastes, but that actually makes the place more fun to work at. It actually led to me finding new things I enjoy, such as The Evil Dead, Starcraft (which we play there), Halo 1 multiplayer (play that, too), video editing, and other things.

Captain Red said:

How do you feel about the people you work with? Is your place of business a shinning example of comradery? Or a den of impossible idiots?

Where I work it's kinda both. I work in a grocery store, and generally speaking my co-workers have a good enough IQ. There are some however that don't bag the groceries right and never get in trouble for it, which pisses me off since they fuck up a lot more than I do and I'm the one who gets yelled at for putting bar soap in with vegatable oil when they were the last 2 items and couldn't put them anywhere else while the more incomptent employees put loads of stuff on top of bread and eggs and they're the ones getting promotions! We also seem to have a job fair every other week at this place, and what really bothers me about it is that they're hiring new employees with no job experience as cashiers (which isn't a starting position) while I had to be hired as a bagger (which IS the starting position) with previous job experience.

Thankfully the number of employees like that can be counted on one hand.

That doesn't change the fact that nearly all the customers I work with have absolutely no common sense. To call these customers "yuppies" would be an extreme understatement. I think you know what I mean; the quintessential soccer-mom, got-their-kids-enrolled-in-college-before-they-can-read, gas-guzzling-waste-of-space-and-resource SUV-driving, stand-at-their-car-for-5-minutes-fooling-around-with-the-beeper-thing-trying-to-unlock-the-door-when-they-can-just-use-the-fucking-key, think-that-every-employee-should-pick-up-after-them, leave-their-carts-scattered-all-around-the-parking-lot-and-on-traffic-islands-when-the-cart-returns-are-clearly-labeled-and-nearby, people-who-whistle-at-you-when-they-want-you-to-do-something-for-them-as-if-you-were-their-fucking-maid/butler-when-they-are-fully-capable-of-doing-it-themselves type.

Yeah, you can tell I love my job. *rolls eyes*

PS: Oh, and I think you meant "share", Captain Red. "Shear" is what you do to bushes and sheeps' wool ;)

I didn't really have to cooperate with my co-workers in the last job I had; the only social time anyone had was out little chats during breaks. There were a few funny S.O.B.'s at that job.

I haven't had a job for a while now, but at my last job, I didn't see my co-workers often since it was a landscaping business. I actualy never met my boss. When I did run into someone else, thy usualy told me I wasn't working hard enough. That combined with the fact that I was in pain 24/7 in every single muscle in my body because I had been working harder than I could put up with is why I quit. That was a horrible experience and that's why I'm scared of getting another job.