Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pika132

New/redefined ammo types in EDGE, wtf

So, like, I'm trying to make a Fallout weapons mod, and I need waaaay more ammo types than EDGE has. Which DDF file do I put new ammo types in? Because trying to give a minigun 120 shots when you can only carry 100 5mm bullets at once is just a waste.

BULLETS.LIMIT(100),SHELLS.LIMIT(400),
ROCKETS.LIMIT(50),CELLS.LIMIT(300),
AMMO5.LIMIT(200),AMMO6.LIMIT(100),
AMMO7.LIMIT(50),AMMO8.LIMIT(300),
AMMO9.LIMIT(200),AMMO10.LIMIT(100),
AMMO11.LIMIT(50),AMMO12.LIMIT(300),
AMMO13.LIMIT(200),AMMO14.LIMIT(100),
AMMO15.LIMIT(50),AMMO16.LIMIT(300),

Thats the different ammo types, you cant define your own atm.

Shells are limited at 100. Bullets are limited at 400. You have it the other way around.

Remember you can change those if you don't like them - just change the "OUR_HERO" Thing in Things.DDF, and the Backpack to suit.

The AvP mod (i have a preview version) comes with EDGE 1.29rc1, EDGE 1.28a, which is the current version you can actually get from the site, has 8 ammo types..

Bullets
Shells
Rockets
Cells (plasma)
Nails
Pellets
Gas
And the other one (Darts?)

I figured it would be best to bump this topic rather than making a new one. Essentially, I can't figure out how to make a double blast for the super shotgun if it fires one barrel per shot in normal mode. Nor can I get the fucking #CLEARALL command to work. Here's the code for the shotgun:

[SHOTGUN]
AMMOTYPE=SHELLS;
AMMOPERSHOT=1;
AUTOMATIC=FALSE;
SECOND_ATTACK=PLAYER_SHOTGUN2;
SEC_AMMOPERSHOT=2;
BINDKEY=3;
PRIORITY=4;
CLIPSIZE=2;
SHOWCLIP=TRUE;
ATTACK=PLAYER_SHOTGUN;
SEC_AMMOTYPE=SHELLS;
KICK=0.1;
and again for the file header:
// 
//    EDGE WEAPONS.DDF -redefine or add new weapons.
//    For documentation, see http://edge.sourceforge.net/
//    DDF Version 4.0
//

<WEAPONS>

#CLEARALL

#VERSION 1.28

Just add another SHOOT action to the firing states. Then it'll fire twice.

I meant like alt-fire, so that the blast would have a spread akin to the vanilla SSG, instead of the mostly horizontal spread of the single barrel SG.

#CLEARALL for weapons.ddf is disabled in the 1.29 betas and RCs, because changes to the way DDF files/lumps are read has caused some mods which use #CLEARALL to break. I'm not sure if we will add it back, it's not terribly useful.

Pika132 said:

I meant like alt-fire, so that the blast would have a spread akin to the vanilla SSG, instead of the mostly horizontal spread of the single barrel SG.

So why don't you just copy and paste what you want from the SSG to the SG? If it's already the way you want it you won't even have to come up with it yourself.

Ajapted said:

#CLEARALL for weapons.ddf is disabled in the 1.29 betas and RCs, because changes to the way DDF files/lumps are read has caused some mods which use #CLEARALL to break. I'm not sure if we will add it back, it's not terribly useful.

Noes! j00 lies! tis teh useful zomg!

Gar. I renamed some of the weapons and I simply don't want to go and rename all references to the sledgehammer, knife, minigun, etc. Oh well.

Lobo said:

So why don't you just copy and paste what you want from the SSG to the SG? If it's already the way you want it you won't even have to come up with it yourself.

The SSG, and its attack, no longer exists in my DDF files in any way, shape or form. Except, of course, for the fact that #CLEARALL doesn't work and the SSG is still bound to slot 3 like in vanilla DooM 2.