Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sharessa

Culling the Obese

Lovely idea, and an effective deterrent. Hell, let's just clip their erection veins. Sorry, fatty!

gene-line cleansing

okay, that just sounds wrong...are they going to want to get rid of ugly people soon too? and short people? what about republicans?

Sterilization for all!

Because modifying diet and exercise habits is too ridiculously far a stretch, I suppose...

You can't give nationwide eating and lifestyle habits a vasectomy. Congrats on clipping those who just have bad willpower, CA. Sure, some of them may have an actual genetic predisposition to obesity, but we're just talking about some. This is just treating the symptom, not the ailment.

If I were one of the beautiful people in CA, I'd want the fat shits gone too, make them move to Pennsylvania if they don't want to lose weight.

gatewatcher said:

If I were one of the beautiful people in CA, I'd want the fat shits gone too, make them move to Pennsylvania if they don't want to lose weight.

I'm sure Ralphis loves you more now than he ever has before.

gatewatcher said:

We have MORE than our fair share of fatasses kthxbye.

Lüt said:

Because modifying diet and exercise habits is too ridiculously far a stretch, I suppose...

We're not just attacking the fat gene, but also the "lazy slob" gene. Why do you hate America?

Bwahaha. I live in Toronto .. there are so few fat people here, every time I see one I'm amazed. Infact, I saw one today. Eww, fatty.

It's impossible to be a fatty if you're busy and doing stuff, and don't eat like a pig. America has a nation-wide eating disorder.

Lüt said:

Actually, it is... Telling people how to eat and what to do is pretty difficult, while facilitating a clinical operation for people with a certain condition is quite much easier. Not to mention that such a measure does not collide with promoting "healthy" eating in any way.

gatewatcher said:

Living in Canada is indeed very humorous.

Psyonisis said:

Hey, at least it's voluntary.

What? Living in Canada?

gatewatcher said:

People live in Canada??!

'Course they do! Think about it, wonderful views, fantastic country, natural riches, ...just crappy neighbours! :P

myk said:

Actually, it is... Telling people how to eat and what to do is pretty difficult, while facilitating a clinical operation for people with a certain condition is quite much easier. Not to mention that such a measure does not collide with promoting "healthy" eating in any way.

I dunno, I'd rather just start exercising than get my nads snipped. Actualy, I've been doing about 5 minutes of weightlifting a day for the last 3 weeks or so. I'd do more, but i get really tired after just 5 minutes. Stupid fatness. -_- I hope it's doing something because I don't seem to be losing any weight. I feel a bit better, though today i woke up tired feeling and my back and sides are aching. Maybe I need to do more sit ups or something.

I'm so glad I'm moving outta here. I wanna nice view when the country starts to fuck itself over.

Danarchy said:

I dunno, I'd rather just start exercising than get my nads snipped. Actualy, I've been doing about 5 minutes of weightlifting a day for the last 3 weeks or so. I'd do more, but i get really tired after just 5 minutes. Stupid fatness. -_- I hope it's doing something because I don't seem to be losing any weight. I feel a bit better, though today i woke up tired feeling and my back and sides are aching. Maybe I need to do more sit ups or something.

I'm not particularly overweight, but what I do (when I can) is do about 20 push-ups and then 20 sit-ups (or crunches) in a left elbow to right knee and right elbow to left knee manner. I'd lie down for a moment and do another 10 push-ups. I try to do this every night, but sometimes I can't. It took me a while to work up to this, so if you want to try it then just start at like 10 and 10 instead of 30 and 30. I've worked up to 40 and 40 once but when my family came over for vacation I didn't have time to do it for nearly two weeks and lost it. If you do sit-ups, try to do it with something light to hold your feet so that you're not using your legs to rise. I think a chair is the best thing to use.
There are two ways to exercise, for endurance and for strength. Lifting weights, if they are heavy, is pretty much working more toward strength. Lifting light weights for a long period of time works more toward endurance. Exercising for strength will almost always hold your body weight or increase it as you are building considerable muscle mass.
I do push-ups because I don't get much exercise elsewhere and my arms don't feel ropey when I do. I do sit-ups so that I have a little more abdominal muscle, but the last time I even saw a hint of a six pack was back in 9th grade of high school. :(

1. Do crunches, not sit-ups. More effective.
2. Exercise in the morning, not at night. Wake up earlier; it's not that hard.
3. Do stretches before you exercise. I also recommend doing squats.
4. When you're into the habit, double up on your routine. Yes, do twice as many, but at the same time do pushups> crunches > squats > pushups > crunches > squats.
5. Run or walk afterward. Don't jog.

Numbermind said:

1. Do crunches, not sit-ups. More effective.

I thought those were the same thing. o_o

2. Exercise in the morning, not at night. Wake up earlier; it's not that hard.

I actually came back to this thread to add that another benefit I get from exercising at night helps improve my quality of sleep, and add potential for me to sleep longer.

3. Do stretches before you exercise. I also recommend doing squats.

I only do sit-ups and push-ups for like 5 minutes. :|

4. When you're into the habit, double up on your routine. Yes, do twice as many, but at the same time do pushups> crunches > squats > pushups > crunches > squats.
5. Run or walk afterward. Don't jog.

I heard from someone I know that used to be in the Navy that working any muscle group for more than 30 seconds at a time is a waste. I guess that's why number 4 is a good idea. That's also why I do 20 push-ups, 30 sit-ups and then 10 or 20 more push-ups.

fodders said:

'Course they do! Think about it, wonderful views, fantastic country, natural riches, ...just crappy neighbours! :P

Fucking Eskimo bitches, they do suck.

Hmm. Thank god for lighting quick metabolisms!

I'm 14, and eat as much as any fat person would, but I only weigh 128. >=)

gatewatcher said:

suck me