Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Danarchy

But the Pope's Husband is Opposed!

Recommended Posts

The pope used to be so active, and that assination really took alot out of him :( I hope he goes peacefully in the near future. He's been a pretty decent Pope.

Share this post


Link to post
Veddge said:

that assination really took alot out of him :(

assassinations tend to do that...are you saying he's been a zombie this whole time?

assination...heh

Share this post


Link to post
Veddge said:

The pope used to be so active, and that assination really took alot out of him :( I hope he goes peacefully in the near future. He's been a pretty decent Pope.


You seem to forget he promoted a mass massacre by telling people not to use condoms... He probably killed more people than Hitler by staying put on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Veddge said:

Well, he IS a catholic priest ;)

No he isn't.

VinceDSS said:

You seem to forget he promoted a mass massacre by telling people not to use condoms... He probably killed more people than Hitler by staying put on this.

How many people do you think were going to use condoms, but decided against it based on the words of the pope ? Certainly not millions. Drama queen.

Share this post


Link to post
VinceDSS said:

You seem to forget he promoted a mass massacre by telling people not to use condoms... He probably killed more people than Hitler by staying put on this.

The same people who'd not use condoms because the Pope said not to also wouldn't have abortions, because the Pope said not to do that either.

Share this post


Link to post

Look at Africa, if he only mentioned that condoms aren't so bad their countries would still be inhabited in ten years time.

If the pope gets euthenasia (ie a nice death) I will lose all the respect I had left for the Christian faith.

Share this post


Link to post

The Pope represents Roman Catholicism, not all of Christianity.

You really think the governments of Africa could have afforded the neccessary personnel, time and money to go around distributing condoms to all the villages, even with the help of various charities? Or even that all the governments would have been willing to distribute condoms and all the citizens willing to use them, simply because the Pope suddenly declared he was changing one of the tenets of the Roman Catholic faith?

ROFL.

Share this post


Link to post
NiGHTMARE said:

The Pope represents Roman Catholicism, not all of Christianity.

You really think the governments of Africa could have afforded the neccessary personnel, time and money to go around distributing condoms to all the villages, even with the help of various charities? Or even that all the governments would have been willing to distribute condoms and all the citizens willing to use them, simply because the Pope suddenly declared he was changing one of the tenets of the Roman Catholic faith?

ROFL.

They have enough money to supply condoms for free down at my local youth centre place. It's a shame more people don't use them.

Share this post


Link to post

We're talking about a considerably larger number of condoms than your local youth centre ;). Then there's the aforementioned manpower and distribution issues, and how willing people would actually be to use condoms. Plus they'd need to fund AIDS/HIV testing for everyone, to see who actually needs to use a condom. If they had somehow forced absolutely everyone potentially at risk to use condoms, it might mean Africa still has a population in 10 years time, but it would also mean it won't have a population in 70-80 years time...

We're also talking about governments which are often billions of dollars in debt, not to mention a few governments which couldn't care less about the health of their country's population. Then there's the fact a vast number of African citizens and governments aren't even Roman catholic, so why exactly should they listen to what the leader of another religion tells them to do?

Share this post


Link to post

For some reason it feels creepy talking about this stuff with zarkyb's avatar around.

I think it is actually a lost cause as Africans are actually aiming to reproduce due to the increased rate of death around them, it is a basic evolutionary response which can be observed in rabbits :D

I guess the introduction of condoms would be a pointless endevour as you cannot procreate with them and the moral codes there I hear are deontological, eg Natural Law, so they would not have excepted them.

Damn, I've just crippled my own point again.

Hmmm, can Africa be saved from the epidemic without the use of selective culling?

Share this post


Link to post
Janderson said:

Look at Africa, if he only mentioned that condoms aren't so bad their countries would still be inhabited in ten years time.

If the pope gets euthenasia (ie a nice death) I will lose all the respect I had left for the Christian faith.


Uhhh, most of Africa not in habited by whites is, iirc, Muslim.

Share this post


Link to post
pilottobombadier said:

Uhhh, most of Africa not in habited by whites is,

Oh come on! I'm not that stupid!

I thought the muslims were just on the east side, many of the areas that were colonised by the english and french are christian, I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Janderson said:

Oh come on! I'm not that stupid!

I thought the muslims were just on the east side, many of the areas that were colonised by the english and french are christian, I think.

A vast number of tribesfolk still follow the native African beliefs.

Share this post


Link to post
Janderson said:

I thought the muslims were just on the east side, many of the areas that were colonised by the english and french are christian, I think.

The entire north of Africa (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Liberia, Egypt, etc.) is Muslim and full of people of Arabic descent. Also, a bunch of the other countries in the northeast have large Arabic/Muslim populations, like you implied. But yeah, I'd estimate at least a quarter of all Africans are Muslim.

Share this post


Link to post

Hang on - I'm confused. Are you guys trying to tell me the Pope is a Catholic?

Share this post


Link to post
Combine said:

who cares about the PoPe? and btw isnt there a member called the Pope??

Yes, and you are him, aren't you? Nice way to draw attention to your ban evasion.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×