Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sharessa

But the Pope's Husband is Opposed!

The pope used to be so active, and that assination really took alot out of him :( I hope he goes peacefully in the near future. He's been a pretty decent Pope.

Veddge said:

that assination really took alot out of him :(

assassinations tend to do that...are you saying he's been a zombie this whole time?

assination...heh

Veddge said:

The pope used to be so active, and that assination really took alot out of him :( I hope he goes peacefully in the near future. He's been a pretty decent Pope.

You seem to forget he promoted a mass massacre by telling people not to use condoms... He probably killed more people than Hitler by staying put on this.

Veddge said:

Well, he IS a catholic priest ;)

No he isn't.

VinceDSS said:

You seem to forget he promoted a mass massacre by telling people not to use condoms... He probably killed more people than Hitler by staying put on this.

How many people do you think were going to use condoms, but decided against it based on the words of the pope ? Certainly not millions. Drama queen.

VinceDSS said:

The same people who'd not use condoms because the Pope said not to also wouldn't have abortions, because the Pope said not to do that either.

Look at Africa, if he only mentioned that condoms aren't so bad their countries would still be inhabited in ten years time.

If the pope gets euthenasia (ie a nice death) I will lose all the respect I had left for the Christian faith.

The Pope represents Roman Catholicism, not all of Christianity.

You really think the governments of Africa could have afforded the neccessary personnel, time and money to go around distributing condoms to all the villages, even with the help of various charities? Or even that all the governments would have been willing to distribute condoms and all the citizens willing to use them, simply because the Pope suddenly declared he was changing one of the tenets of the Roman Catholic faith?

ROFL.

NiGHTMARE said:

The Pope represents Roman Catholicism, not all of Christianity.

You really think the governments of Africa could have afforded the neccessary personnel, time and money to go around distributing condoms to all the villages, even with the help of various charities? Or even that all the governments would have been willing to distribute condoms and all the citizens willing to use them, simply because the Pope suddenly declared he was changing one of the tenets of the Roman Catholic faith?

ROFL.

They have enough money to supply condoms for free down at my local youth centre place. It's a shame more people don't use them.

We're talking about a considerably larger number of condoms than your local youth centre ;). Then there's the aforementioned manpower and distribution issues, and how willing people would actually be to use condoms. Plus they'd need to fund AIDS/HIV testing for everyone, to see who actually needs to use a condom. If they had somehow forced absolutely everyone potentially at risk to use condoms, it might mean Africa still has a population in 10 years time, but it would also mean it won't have a population in 70-80 years time...

We're also talking about governments which are often billions of dollars in debt, not to mention a few governments which couldn't care less about the health of their country's population. Then there's the fact a vast number of African citizens and governments aren't even Roman catholic, so why exactly should they listen to what the leader of another religion tells them to do?

For some reason it feels creepy talking about this stuff with zarkyb's avatar around.

I think it is actually a lost cause as Africans are actually aiming to reproduce due to the increased rate of death around them, it is a basic evolutionary response which can be observed in rabbits :D

I guess the introduction of condoms would be a pointless endevour as you cannot procreate with them and the moral codes there I hear are deontological, eg Natural Law, so they would not have excepted them.

Damn, I've just crippled my own point again.

Hmmm, can Africa be saved from the epidemic without the use of selective culling?

Janderson said:

Look at Africa, if he only mentioned that condoms aren't so bad their countries would still be inhabited in ten years time.

If the pope gets euthenasia (ie a nice death) I will lose all the respect I had left for the Christian faith.

Uhhh, most of Africa not in habited by whites is, iirc, Muslim.

pilottobombadier said:

Uhhh, most of Africa not in habited by whites is,

Oh come on! I'm not that stupid!

I thought the muslims were just on the east side, many of the areas that were colonised by the english and french are christian, I think.

Janderson said:

Oh come on! I'm not that stupid!

I thought the muslims were just on the east side, many of the areas that were colonised by the english and french are christian, I think.

A vast number of tribesfolk still follow the native African beliefs.

Janderson said:

The entire north of Africa (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Liberia, Egypt, etc.) is Muslim and full of people of Arabic descent. Also, a bunch of the other countries in the northeast have large Arabic/Muslim populations, like you implied. But yeah, I'd estimate at least a quarter of all Africans are Muslim.

Hang on - I'm confused. Are you guys trying to tell me the Pope is a Catholic?

Combine said:

who cares about the PoPe? and btw isnt there a member called the Pope??

Yes, and you are him, aren't you? Nice way to draw attention to your ban evasion.