Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi I was just wondering when the full version of QDoom will be out. or is it dead and gone

if your wondering what QDoom is.

its a edge mod that creates Quake 1 on the Doom engine

The full version and the demo is available on the DOOM World pages (version 1.00):

http://doomworld.com/fanatic/downloads.htm#qdoom

The zip file on my home site has the MP3s removed, since the latest EDGE engine doesn't do MP3s anymore (it does OGGs). I haven't taken the time to update QDOOM to work with the latest engine cut, but I believe it works fine (and looks awesome in the new GL EDGE engine).

But if you grab EDGE 1.27 (which is on my home site: http://fanaticalproductions.net), you can use the old copy from my DOOM World link above to play it as it was originally released.

kristus said:

I should play this again, now when Edge have a new GL renderer.

But it lacks the mp3 support and ruins half of the atmosphere.

I've only played it once with Mp3 before.I can have them playing in the background, or just convert them if I find it an issue.

I'll see about updating the music files in QDOOM to work with the latest cut of EDGE. The last version I tested QDOOM with was 1.27, and I think there's a BETA at 1.29 (or so). I'm sure some of the stuff I did in QDOOM is out of date or broken.

Anyway, check on my home site at http://fanaticalproductions.net, I'll post the update there when it's ready (with OGG support and any minor fixes to the scripts). Might take a few days tho, I have some other stuff I need to wrap up ASAP...

You can grab the latest cut of EDGE at the SourceForge site: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2232

(look at the bottom of the downloads page, there's a test release 1.29 RC1, that's what I'll be testing against)

NICE... Qdoom is being revived for EDGE 1.29. Once you get those mp3's converted to OGG's, you'll never have to update Qdoom again because from now on EDGE is completely backwards compatible(well, almost completely, I mean compatible to the point where the entire DDF was revised, version 1.26 or so). So it will always work with future versions of the engine.

Never played (or heard) of QDoom up until now, looking forward to playing it soon.

Good luck with the music conversion stuff.

Yes, I know I should know this, but what is QDOOM? I just started playing Doom so I don't know these things yet. I'm out like a trout.

Hows the fixing up going? Lately i've been up for ANYTHING with good weapons with a similar theme to the original, and hell, quake comes close enough!

Almost done. I just got a good build completed with all the updates (including OGG music), and I'm testing it for issues. I should be able to re-release it pretty soon.

There won't be anything new, it's just fixed up to work with the latest EDGE version.

Holy crap, this is awesome. I was always afraid to play QDoom with EDGE because I wasn't sure it was compatible, so this should be pretty damn cool!

We're debugging some issues with the new sound engine, so might be a little bit before I can release the update.

QDOOM uses a ton of ambient looping sounds, and the new sound engine seems to be clobbering itself with the load. Other than that, everything seems to be working great.

I was always afraid to play QDoom with EDGE because I wasn't sure it was compatible,

Yeah, i havent tried RTC with Zdoom yet, cause i'm not sure if its compatible...

deathbringer said:

Yeah, i havent tried RTC with Zdoom yet, cause i'm not sure if its compatible...

Lollerskates

deathbringer said:

Compatible with the latest version, silly. :p