Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Corrupted Marine

check this out

i was playing doom last night when suddenly a flashback hit me! i remember a doom game that i saw once, it was 3rd person, not first person. it was like a video game using the actual doom sprites but it was just in a 3rd person game like crusader, or warcraft. does anyone recall this? or does anyone know what im talking about? and maybee even tell me where to download this? :)

I think I know what you're talking about. Someone made some game with models and used Doom guy's skin on them. He made a thread on this forum and linked to his home page with screen shots. It was more than one game, as I remember it. The few people who posted in response were only really weirded out by it and then the thread was not touched aftwerward. I think this was last summer, or maybe even far back as last April.

Somebody was making a sidescrolling platform doom in Legacy once, but i dunno what happened to it. I think it was linked from/was part of teamdeim.com, which is probably not up any more

I remember some little game that came out like 4 years ago (maybe) called doom land. I was a cheesy side scroller thing. Basically you were confined to jumping over lava and other such mundane things, except in the last level where you got to shoot at some barrons (that couldn't shoot back). It had a secret level (with no lava or anything, just ladders to climb). All I really remember is that sometimes your player would get hung in a frame, and then just glide around the screen in suspended un-animation.

Yeah it was called doom land. I just dug it up on my old comp and played through it. It was kinda fun I guess. Lame, but fun. It also had a deathmatch option that I had forgotten about. One player was the marine with a plasma gun, while the other was an arch-vile capable of shooting fire. You basically run around and shoot each other and rack up points to some infinate number (the match never ends). Crazy stuff.

NONONO check this out ! i found the exact screenshot that i saw a few years ago. here it is !

thats what i was talkin about, does anyone know where to download this one? :)

I think that's a mockup.

However: There's a RTS doom game in production by some guy on the Zdoom forums. It's still really basic though. And afaik, he doesn't excel in graphics.

does he need a sprite artist...I did these from scratch, I work for peanuts...err doom WADS.

kristus said:

I think that's a mockup.

Heh, online multiplayer (malformed-subhuman-slug-)people who are typing in proper english, it MUST be a mockup!

corrupt_marine said:

NONONO check this out ! i found the exact screenshot that i saw a few years ago. here it is !

thats what i was talkin about, does anyone know where to download this one? :)

I'm pretty sure that's a project that X-Doom was working on with his bro. It was ages ago that he posted some stuff on newdoom about it. That screenshot has his email addy stuck on it. Maybe you should send him an email..

His site doesn't seem to have any info on the project...
http://xdoom.newdoom.com/indx.php?lang=en

kristus could be right that it was just a mock up / conceptual thing he did with that screen. I can't really remember.

Well, it's probably a mockup, or, it could possibly be a starcraft game with sprites changed, although it just seems impossible for three marines, even if they were taking the role of ghosts or heroes, could even remotely take on a hoard of imps, which probably are hydrolisks, because they can throw things.
EDIT: I checked, yeah, the email provided is X-Doom's.