Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mogul

OK, Resurrection of Evil is at my Wal-Mart.

I went to Wal-Mart tonight just to get some pizza rolls so I could eat them while I watched a movie with a friend when I got back home.

I was just browsing the electronics section and what the F, there was Resurrection of Evil for PC, just sitting there on the shelf with all the other games.

I was floored, because basically, it doesn't come out for another week. (just shy of it)

They had several copies, so I was like, hey, what the heck, I'll buy it tonight. I picked it up, when to the register, and they scanned it, but unfortunately, it said to not sell it. They rescanned several times (not that there would ever be a chance of it working :D).

So, unfortunately, I wasn't able to get it tonight.

But, it was there, I did hold it, and I got to look at the inside-flap-thingy on the box. It looks great.

It's also encouraging to know that Wal-Mart actually has it on their shelves (they'll probably take it down tomorrow though because they'll realize their mistake), though, because I know that it's in that building, and the very second it's "officially" released, I'll know with no doubt that it will be there for me to buy. Normally with this Wal-Mart, you can't expect stuff like that with any degree of certainty. But yeah, how cool is that? :)

What in God's name were you doing shopping at Wal-Mart in the first place???????? :O :O :O :O

In my city, it's the cheapest place to buy groceries. :)

I might swing by there again tonight and see if they've put the expansion on sale yet. :)

Update:

Sadly, as expected, they put the game back from wherever it came. But, knowing for sure that it's in that building, if they don't put it out at freaking 12 AM Monday, I'm going to be disapointed. :D

CyberDemonHunter said:

You shouldve jacked it lol

I have wondered if it would be easy to steal. I mean, it didn't even have a UPC (right?) on it, I think.

It might have been possible to hide it and walk out with no alarms. :)

But ah well, they put it away after they realized their mistake. No chance of it happening now.

Has anyone heard if a special edition with both Doom3 and Resurrection of Evil in a nicely designed box is planned? I will buy this one if there will be one.

I can tell you from working at Walmart that it's not as easy to steal from there as one might think (if one's stupid enough to think it's easy to begin with, with all the associates everywhere ontop of the cameras, and security system).

What is the situation with things like this?

They had the box out on the shelf. Did it have any kind of security device in/on it?

I checked and our local Walmart has RoE as well. So if you can't wait until Monday, head out to your post of satan local Walmart and get it.

Amaster said:

Buy it and stop commiting petty theft.

Oh please, as if I wouldn't buy it.

And Xenphire -- was it for sale?

Bleh. Just went back to Wal-Mart just to check again because several people have the game already, and it's still not on the shelves.

To those who have the expansion pack already:
Please do not post screenshots, as it's not supposed to be for sale yet. You can wait 2 and a half more days.

Technician said:

Yah. Seems Wal-Mart could get into trouble. At my area eb-games found out about it and called Activision.

They can get fined several thousand dollars for each game sold early.

I dunno if whoever uploaded it obtained it from Walmart or not, but RoE is already available as warez. Those crazy pirates.

don't kill me but, what's warez? and.....nevermind, i'll wait till monday. same exact thing happened to me at one of my local wal marts by the way.

kept calling around despite what happened at wal-mart, finally found a target about thirty minutes away(by highway) The clerk was nice enough to scan it with me on the phone to make sure it would sell. It did so I told him to hold it for me. so i drove all the way out there, went to the electronics section, and saw no roe boxes anywhere, at this point i started to grind me teeth. then i saw one tucked away behind another game. so i grabbed it, then i noticed there were no clerks around. so i walked to the register and waited for like three minutes when one popped out from the back. He came to the counter, saw the roe box sitting there and grabbed it and said "we can't sell that" He seemed kind of annoyed. I explained to him that I talked to someone about fourty minutes ago, he got on his walkie talkie and got the ok. close call. So now I am sitting here killing those damn vulgars with the super shotty :)

I read on the box a few nights ago that it's something like 650 megs.

That's likely because for the most part it's just installing stuff for your current DOOM 3 to work with.

For some reason the performance wasn't as good in roe as in doom3. I played the original in res 1024 high quality antialiasing times 8 with good fps. In roe, with these same settings, it crashed during gameplay a couple of times. So I had to tone it down to res 800, high quality, and 2x antialiasing. Much better. And by the way,imo, roe is better than the original. Much more action. And the vulgars are the new imps. And that big fellow, the bruiser? Boy, if you thought the mancubus was tough....

baronofhell said:

Boy, if you thought the mancubus was tough....

Don't worry, I didn't. :)