Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zodiak

Ping Problem

Heu guys. I have a question. How can I lower my ping? I have a nVidia MX440 128mb card and can play SP on medium with very little lag. I tried playing MP on the low setting but I only got about 20 less ping. I have a DSL Modem, but it's not the fastest. Do I need a new card? Please help me, I wanna play some multiplayer again, with out seeing my arm 20 feet away from my body.

P.S. Is the the nVidia 6800 GT superbly better than the 6600 GT? Or is it a close race. Just wondering. Mite buy one.

Go to the options, you'll find the option "Lower Ping" somewhere, I think it's just below "Automatically aim at enemies" and above "Camp near big stashes of health"

I can't find any of the options you're talking about. I even went into "advanced" options. Are you sure you're correct?

Xenophon said:

Go to the options, you'll find the option "Lower Ping" somewhere, I think it's just below "Automatically aim at enemies" and above "Camp near big stashes of health"

Beep! Beep! Sarcasm detector overloaded!

Lizardcommando said:

Beep! Beep! Sarcasm detector overloaded!

I know, just playing :P

Ok, I'll actually answer

a) get a better connection
b) turn off other internet applications such as IRC
c) maybe the server is to blame

also, you can change your video settings back, because your FPS is completly separate from your ping. You could pump out an awesome FPS, but if you're connected to a sucky server at 56k it won't make a difference.

Thanks. i think I'm gonna get cable. Right now I have a peice of shit DSl and i get like half a meg a sec. It sucks.

Is 1.5 MBS good? Or do I need 3.0?

Zodiak said:

I know, just playing :P

You may wish to reduce your number of pointless posts.

The Doomworld Admin says: Stop spamming, Zodiak!

Note: higher bandwidth does not imply lower ping.

Note 2: The GeForce 6800GT is faster than the 6600GT. Notice the difference in numbering? Usually, higher numbers mean faster.