Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Illdo2

Very lame question [re WadAuthor]

I'm using WadAuthor and I was wondering...

I want to make a very short pillar (like a box lying on the floor). It will be a teleporter. Unfortunately, I just don't know how to do it in WA. It always ends up not right. Can someone help me or at least direct me to a place which could help me?

1: Create a sector, this is the room with the teleporter in

2: Create a smaller sector in that one, change its floor height by a small amount to raise it off the ground, make the floor texture a teleporter icon, or any other floor texture you want, its best to make it stand out from the floor of the room somehow

3: Give the small sector 'lower' textures, this adds a texture around the base of the teleporter, standard doom practice is one of the brown metal textures. If you dont add a 'lower' texture it will look very wierd

3: Right click on the small sector and change its linedef type to teleport (i havent done this for a while, i think thats it), best to make it WR (walk repeating), if you make it W1 it will only work once)

4: Close the menu, right clikc on it again and go to 'edit raw data', and give it a tag number that isnt 0 (DO NOT give it a tag number in the normal properties menu where tou set textures and line types, or it fucks up, at least it always did for me)

5: Make another sector where you want the destination to be, and place a 'teleport destination' thing in it

6: Use edit raw data and give the destination sector (not the thing) the SAME tag number as the teleport 'pad'

3: Give the small sector 'lower' textures, this adds a texture around the base of the teleporter, standard doom practice is one of the brown metal textures. If you dont add a 'lower' texture it will look very wierd

Tried that but it didn;t work... it looks weird.

3: Right click on the small sector and change its linedef type to teleport (i havent done this for a while, i think thats it), best to make it WR (walk repeating), if you make it W1 it will only work once)

There is no such option in the right click menu.

Also, remember to be in linedef mode. Every version of Wadauthor must have a way of setting a line type.