Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kain

yay!! i gots a tnt2 32mb!!

i went to a supercomputer sale, and they had some shit for really low. i could have gotten more ram ( 64 more ) for 50$ but right next to it!! what do my eyes see?? TNT2 32mb for 33$ yay!!!! ill take it i says. it wirks like a cram despite the little freezes that happen now and then when i play games that use open gl ( my pc is probobly getting used to it ) but it works!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i am so happy i got rid of that 8 mb piece of shit.

/me remembers getting mine for $259.99

/me feels the need to butcher kain

The GeForce 3 in games at this point is incredibly unnecessary. Just wait until the Radeon 8500 comes out and kicks the GeForce 3's ass in graphics quality and quality software features for the same price.

I bought a laptop off of ebay for almost dirt cheap for school, and that thing has a standardized graphics controller. It is great back in the old days when graphics power wasn't really necessary for those games. I cannot wait until I receive my laptop either this week or next week!

i regret to inform you, RIPPED OFF!!! first if u got 64MB ram for $50 you over paid big time. I got 128MB ram for about 25 each and that was at a normal store. now if the ram was 72pin SIMM's then that is a little more reasonable, because SIMM's are harder to find, and you need 2 of the same size/type to work. However if you have a PII and up system I HIGHLY dout you have 72 pin SIMM chips and PII and up only needs one ram stick. Also the TNT2 card is a good deal, hope u got AGP. I had one before i got the GeForce 2 card. also if i where u check around and keep up with hardware and prices, it sucks to over pay or buy the wrong thing

I got news for you sephiroth...my mom just got a new computer today and upgraded from 64mb of RAM to 128 for just 9 bucks! Beat that!

I bummed a 286 with these specifications from my friend for FREE!:

640K Memory
ISA VGA Video Card
3 1/2" Floppy Drive
5 1/4" Floppy Drive
VGA/EGA 14" Monitor!
Clicky Old Keyboard
Awesome Old Mouse

Now beat that!

/me feels pathetic with his weak computer:
PII 366 mhz
32 mb ram
8 gb hd
24x cd-rom
Vanilla video card with no gl support

But on the upside I do have a cable modem, and I'm getting my own computer for Xmas. w00t!

I built a 1.4ghz thunderbird with 1.0gb of Ram from www.mpcnow.com for 794 bucks... that includes a geforce3. 60 bucks for ram? wtf, I paid 60 for a full gig of it heh

Computer shows and retail stores are WAAAY over priced. I work at staples =P I know how much we overprice shit. Best bet is online--www.mpcnow.com, www.newegg.com, and check www.sharkyextreme.com to know what shits good and whats not =P

my mom just got a new computer today and upgraded from 64mb of RAM to 128 for just 9 bucks! Beat that!

How about a 512MB stick for $31?

my mom just got a new computer today and upgraded from 64mb of RAM to 128 for just 9 bucks! Beat that!

How about a 512MB stick for $31?

How about a 6½ stick for free? ;)

/me feels pathetic with his weak computer:
PII 366 mhz
32 mb ram
8 gb hd
24x cd-rom
Vanilla video card with no gl support

But on the upside I do have a cable modem, and I'm getting my own computer for Xmas. w00t!

Feel good about yourself, friend. I only have:

AMD K6 333MHZ
64mb RAM
4GB HD
32x CD rom
NO 3d CARD.

I would rather hav your 'puter, except for the Ram, that is.

You people are weak.

Pentium III 900Mhz
128MB RAM
Nvidia GeForce2MX 400 32MB
AND A MOUSE WHEEL !!

I'm getting an extra 128Mb RAM and a GeForce4 (or whatever) next year to play Doom 3 on... Blessed be my soul.

This is what I want:

Pentium IV 1.5 GHZ
512MB RAM
Geforce3 (ultra perhaps)
And I want a god damn logitech mouse for crying out loud!!

Probably next year though...

wow $9 for 128! well i have not had to buy ram in a few months but i just may. I will build me a new system here soon too, i can build useing most new parts, have a case, powersupply, and basic parts like drives and cables. The cost will be almost $800. I am going to turn in my gateway computer for a laptop, for college, next year and build me a new gameing PC

You have my pity.

2x AMD AthlonXP 1.533Ghz (1800+)
ATI Radeon 7500 64MB DDR AGP
2x 3Com 905C NICs
2GB PC2100 DDR SDRAM
WD Caviar 100GB ATA/100 IDE HDD
8x 180GB Ultra/160 SCSI HDDs in RAID 0+1
Yamaha 20x16x40 IDE CDRW
OEM NEC 16X DVDROM
Creative Labs Audigy Platinum eX
460W NMB PSU

What else? And this is only the beginning...^_^

Just built this system two days ago.
I build systems for fun and profit - if you need a computer, just talk to me here or email my brother @ edgecru5h3r@aol.com

And...god, why do you want a P4? I mean, I could understand it if you were loaded, 'cause they're not bad chips, but for the price of a P4 1.5 I could get you an Athlon 1.4, which is only even touched by the P4 2Ghz, and for the price of THAT I could get you a PAIR of AthlonXPs.

this is all i need. i dont need no 1.5 ghz piece of shit ( althought i do love my dual coppermine but thats beside the point ) to play games.32 megs of vram and 64 or 128 megs of ram and a p2 is good enough. yall are just wasting money.

You LIKE playing games in 640x480? 8 or 16-bit color? You sad basrad. I like my games in 1280x1024 at the minimum, or perhaps 1600x1200, and the whole time with FSAA, Anisotropic filtering, and 32-bit color. C'mon. Get with the now.

Soon, I'm gonna take some screenshots of Jdoom, Vavoom, and perhaps Legacy and ZdoomGL, in some stupidly high resolution with 32-bit color and lots of prettiness enabled. So, if you think your map or any map in particular is especially beautiful, e-mail me or IM me or post it here or something.

(And besides, I have the money to waste, so it's no big deal ^_^ Or rather, my dad does.)

(And besides, I have the money to waste, so it's no big deal ^_^ Or rather, my dad does.)

Uh... you wanna buy me a house or something?

Just a little one.

I'm not THAT loaded.

Anyone have the equipment to make a 60,000 sq. ft. house entirely underground, preferably in the Nevada desert?

uh huh.
Katgut now why would you want something like that?
Unless of course you want to re-enact half-life......
but thats impossible.

Well If possible could someone By me a Lamborghini Diablo SE.

Or just a souped up Mustang will do me.........
=D heh heh. Just kidding.

XP Athlons are theft, IMHO. That's basically the same approach Cyrix took some years ago to sell _just_ a bit - the difference is that AMD is earning a lot more than Intel.

TNT2's are actually quite good cards. I have a GF2MX tho. :P

Kat: Damn you. I have to scrimp and save every penny to buy new stuff for my PC. :(

At current I have

AMD Duron 800
Abit KT7 Motherboard
256MB PC133 RAM
GeForce 2 MX
C-Media 16Bit Sound card (with EAX support!)
30GB Fujitsu HDD
8x4x32 Creative (shudder) CDRW
52X CDROM
56k Modem (waahh)
100MB USB Zip Drive
15" Montitor (waahh)
A MOUSE WHEEL (yup, I love 'em too)

This system is OK at the mo. It runs Max Payne and Serious Sam in 800x600 at 16bit, which is good enough for me. I'm hoping it'll run THPS3 reasonably well when it comes out.

My next upgrade will probably be a new monitor. I was gonna get a Broadband net connection, but it's 'not available in my area yet.' GODDAMMIT.

Woo! This is my first post here in like, months I think.

My comp sucks but is great for doom:

K6-2 450mhz
64mb ram
Voodoo 3
2gb YES! 2gb hard drive. Beat that you bastards!
Other stuff that makes the comp run.

Wanted to buy:
Pentium 4 2000mhz
256mb ram
Geforce thingys
60gb hard drive.
The cost: £1,400 which is about $2,800 (The prises are extortionate here in the UK)