Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mogul

The poop is dead.

Recommended Posts

I'm sure this needed a new thread.

Share this post


Link to post

Crap, I was wrong. It wasn't 3am. It was 3pm! Kinda. Well, either way, may he rest. It's been a rough go for him. Hopefully Catholicism doesn't implode now....I guess.

Share this post


Link to post

He also predicted that one day I would be able to trim my toenails without using my own teeth, but I don't see THAT happening anytime soon :P

Share this post


Link to post
Scabbed Angel said:

Didn't Nostrodamus prophesise that there would be only 2 popes after this one before the END?

Yep. Hopefully that just means an end to the Catholic church or something. Maybe the last Pope will be a hippy who will be like "who needs leaders man, peace!" then dissolves the papacy.

Of course, I don't believe anything Nostradamus said.

Share this post


Link to post
Scabbed Angel said:

Didn't Nostrodamus prophesise that there would be only 2 popes after this one before the END?



Didn't he also prophesize that there would be a great world war in 1999 or something like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Graf Zahl said:

Didn't he also prophesize that there would be a great world war in 1999 or something like that?

Depends on how you interpret his predictions.

Share this post


Link to post

That's the problem. They are all so vague that they could mean anything. No wonder that most of them have come true. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Graf Zahl said:

Didn't he also prophesize that there would be a great world war in 1999 or something like that?

I agree with Job. Although I believe he mentioned something about a 27 year war around that time beginning. The war on TERROR perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Scabbed Angel said:

I agree with Job. Although I believe he mentioned something about a 27 year war around that time beginning. The war on TERROR perhaps?



That started in 2001 so it can't be that. Of course there's the countless other wars around the world. I have no idea which one he might have meant.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not Catholic but I have a lot of respect for Pope John Paul II because he was, for all intents and purposes, a really nice and kind person. Rest in Peace.

Share this post


Link to post
NiGHTMARE said:

Awww, you believe Nostradamus was a fictional entity. Bless.

I meant believe in him as in believing in his magical Miss Cleo-style projections on the future of the world.

Share this post


Link to post
sargebaldy said:

I meant believe in him as in believing in his magical Miss Cleo-style projections on the future of the world.

O_o

You're a Libra, aren'tcha darlin??

Share this post


Link to post
Graf Zahl said:

That's the problem. They are all so vague that they could mean anything. No wonder that most of them have come true. ;)

yup, thats what i believe. i always have an ear for the theory that he was writing about things going on during his life, but used the guise of perdiction to avoid arrest as at that time there was no concept of free speech.

Share this post


Link to post

At any rate, Nikolo Kotzev made a pretty decent musical out of his story, so I deem his life and all his controversy worthwhile :D

Share this post


Link to post

Well this next Pope is only going to last for about 4 to 5 years and then World War III is gonna happen :( ...

Share this post


Link to post
Holering said:

Well this next Pope is only going to last for about 4 to 5 years and then World War III is gonna happen :( ...


I don't think anyone has to use some old crazy prophet to figure that one out.

Share this post


Link to post

*reads thread*

Such a great opportunity, and Doomworld humor has failed me. Has DN posted yet?

Share this post


Link to post

I have to confess that this has made me feel moved in a way that I've never felt before. I never thought that I would feel like saying "get over it crybabies" to one sixth of the world's population.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm inclined to agree. I mean, what did he really do, other than run around the world wearing a funny hat?

He's just another ancient, nonsensical religious figurehead that's all show and no substance.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×