Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mogul

The poop is dead.

carnevil said:

Philosophizing and thinking critically and rationally about the universe, and what possibly lies beyond it is a hell of a lot more fufilling than being some sheep who believes everything its fed without question.

Totally agree

Grazza said:

I've edited in Fodders's missing source attributions.

Please always remember to do this yourself.

Jeez, 2 seconds with google and they can do it themselves, don't do all the work for them.

You hadn't even indicated that you were quoting from news reports (etc.) though.

Danarchy said:

But I did come to the conclusion that the pope may have been gay. I mean, think about it...first of all, you need to consider what kind of person would take a vow of celibacy which I assume is still a requirement to be in the Catholic clergy. Secondly, he also did all kinds of nice charitable acts and supposedly had a rather sweet personality. I dunno, that's just my observation.

So because he was nice and took a vow he's gay? That's an incredibly weak theory based on your "observations".

fodders said:

Jeez, 2 seconds with google and they can do it themselves, don't do all the work for them.

If you can't take the time to quote your source then don't post random snippets.

Mancubus II said:

So because he was nice and took a vow he's gay? That's an incredibly weak theory based on your "observations".

Er yeah, I'd have to agree. Especially since that could be attributed to just about any Pope. I'm not terribly interested in sex and though I wouldn't take a vow of celebacy on it I don't think I'd miss a whole lot dying a virgin. I don't see why being disinterested in sex would make you gay, to some people it just isn't that important. To a member of the clergy such as he was it just isn't nearly as important. As for matters of personality, I don't see the point of that argument. I don't see gay people as "genetically" nicer, just less likely to accept the traditional "masculine" male model society dishes out. Likewise the ordained don't generally conform to those roles, and there isn't really much of a chance of having a macho bodybuilder Pope inspired by Rambo and G.I. Joe dolls anytime soon.

Bloke:"I heard Marvel where making a comic about the pope"
Me:"Oh i made one about him too, its got him standing in front of Vishnu and Shiva going 'Awww BOLLOCKS!'"
Woman:"Hey, youre supposed to show respect..anyway, that new girl starting today is Polish, so dont tell too many jokes about him"
Other woman, in front of new girl:"Hey, that old bastard finally popped his clogs over the weekend eh?"

Grazza said:

You hadn't even indicated that you were quoting from news reports (etc.) though.

But that's all I do, everyone knows that.

(Attention! Pure fiction based on the RPG by White Wolf ahead!)

Xenophon said:

Hehe, maybe he is just a Cappadocian after all, laughing at us that he tricked his own death so that he can come back in a decade as a new pope.

(If you dont understand, get a book about Vampire Dark Ages :P )

Mancubus II said:

Hey, it was just a theory. I didn't say it was the truth. I just got a vibe. I was also very drunk the first time I came up with that. No need to attack me over this little thing.

Stealthy Ivan said:

Pope on a rope...

How long've you been waiting to use that little gem? :P

Numbermind said:
Let's see if I can get to the heart of this matter:

Superstring theorists can be molesters, too.

There, I did it!

Or you failed. Religion's mantled nature brings that association; the claims of virtue, transcendence and universality coupled with the mundane associations they are attached to. Any relation between superstring theory and child molestation is much more distant or incidential.

fodders said:

Not really; some of the articles may not appear if the search string is somewhat different. Plus, keep in mind most of those articles shouldn't be quoted without a reference (linked or stated,) due to authorship or copyright reasons.

If the theory is correct, superstrings are indeed involved whenever a child is molested.

Ralphis said:

A moment of silence for a fallen leader.

Though I myself am not very religious, I still pay my respcets to a man who was a symbol of leadership and faith for millions of people.

Rest in peace, Pope John Paul II.

As liberal as I am, and as conservative as you are, it's odd how often I agree with you...

In regards to the pope having been gay because he was nice, I know plenty of jack-assy gays. Not flaming you Dan, (heh, I said flaming), just a counter observation.

Damn, the number of cookies your news page wants to feed me…

ducon said:

Damn, the number of cookies your news page wants to feed me…

Blame Grazza, he insisted I post sources :P