Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomsoldier

God Mode

Not god mode, but the cheat "iddqd iddqd", to restore health, is something that I do when I'm with little health in a wad that don't atract me enough to play it serious. I never do that though in the oficial wads.

What's with all this macho "because I'm a MAAAAAN!" posturing?

Fuck, I don't use godmode, or savegames, usually. And I lie awake at night wishing I were a lesbian ;)

Sometimes I use godmode because I just want to wander in a level and to test the difficulty before playing it seriously.

I put god mode on to play a monster packed level on nightmare mode just to watch infighting. Icon of Sin and the City map are my favourites.

This is a pretty funny thread. I always love to hear the "GM is for SISSIES!" responces. I can just smell the testosterone flowing. I've always been of the mindset that we all, each and every one of us, have used God mode. Isn't this a peachy middle ground? With that issue out of the way, I guess we can get back to editing, beta testing, and sucking each other's dicks now.

Macho posturing has always been part of Doom. I remember back in the good old days of the Compuserve Action Games forum people bleating on about how much of a man they were because they only ever played on UV. Nothing has changed there either has it?

Jayextee said:

Fuck, I don't use godmode, or savegames, usually. And I lie awake at night wishing I were a lesbian ;)

ROFL

I'll bet 90% of you who claim to be so cool because you supposedly don't use God mode probably use it all the time, but you're just trying to sound macho here by saying you don't.

I always use iddqd because all I care about is running through a map and looking at everything

Vegeta said:

Not god mode, but the cheat "iddqd iddqd",

DO THAT ON SLIME AND YOUR CHARACTERS FACE TRIPS OUT

Mivalekan said:

you guys use god mode

who are you

Linguica said:

I always use iddqd because all I care about is running through a map and looking at everything

I only used to use god mode all the time when I was little was because I didn't like the sound of the Doomguy dying. Now that that has passed, I don't need to play with god mode on unless I just want to have fun watching monsters and stuff.

Doomsoldier said:

Well I've already beaten the game so it should be perfectly legeal. Thats my theory anyway.

Why did you ask if you need it if you have already beaten the game? WTF?!

Doomsoldier said:

Well I've already beaten the game so it should be perfectly legeal. Thats my theory anyway.

It is *NOT* legal to use cheats! I have informed the police, they should be knocking at your door tonight. Cheating in computer games is a serious crime.

Whenever I'm testing something, right after I spawn, I go:
iddqdidkfa5
and I go to town. :) Quite a stress reliever actually. But if I'm trying to actually PLAY the game, then no cheats of course.

I myself cannot beat Icon of Sin without cheating, I get too frustrated with the timing thing. but I can beat the similar ones in Final Doom.

meh, let the flaming begin, I know I'm not hardcore..so what?

I also like to use IDDQD when I just want to kill a lot of stuff and not concentrate, especially with the rocket launcher point-blank- never gets old.

No god mode for me...I stick it out.If i cant Win the fight i run,better to live and fight another day.

Plus it makes it boring being All powerful...i'd rather be running around in a Pitch black room with No armor,1 shell and 13% health,it adds to the Intensity.

Xanthier said:

I myself cannot beat Icon of Sin without cheating, I get too frustrated with the timing thing. but I can beat the similar ones in Final Doom.

meh, let the flaming begin, I know I'm not hardcore..so what?

I also like to use IDDQD when I just want to kill a lot of stuff and not concentrate, especially with the rocket launcher point-blank- never gets old.

Yeah...actually i use it when i get pissed.I just put on that Co-opbuild.wad(I think thats what wad it is) and turn on berserk mode and Punch a hole in a couple of marines.Of course in that wad i think god mode and infiniti ammo are a Nescessity.

Never use God mode, no satisfaction in it. I will use noclip if I've died after a particulary difficult jumping area, as a timesaver, and I have to go back through it.

I hardly take the game seriously anymore, unless I'm playing E1. So... godmode it is.

Just like he said, depends on how seriously you're playing. Sometimes it's fun to go god and weapons and just go fucking berserk. Obviously if you're looking for any kind of challenge you won't use ANY cheats. I love some of these fuckers: I don't use God mode, it takes the challenge away, I just use ammo and keys... half of what makes the game hard on the higher difficulties is the lack of ammo dickweeds.

I used to when I first played it, but I always strafed and zigzagged to avoid getting hit by the projectiles even with god mode on. To this day I still wonder if I would enjoy Doom more if I hadn't known the cheat codes.

Nowadays I stick with going through the game without cheats, as the designers intended it to be. But I still have a tendency to use it in situations where there is a very good chance I will die in an instant (slow-crushing ceilings, cyberdemons in close quarters).

heh, I use fastweapons on zdoom when I play actiondoom... it's just not fair without it. :P

I use god mode when I get caught off guard by a crushing ceiling or whatnot, or if I'm going into something that I think is suicidal with my current weaponry. (But not before saving and trying it out normally)

I'll confess. When I was a little kid, I ALWAYS used god mode because the marine's face scared me when it got all bloody. (Sad ain't it?)

God Mode is good for when you are bored and for extensive level testing. No Clipping is also good for level testing... you can skip to the part of the level you are currently working on.