Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Janderson

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

Not wanting to play on the violent-gamer stereotype here but what is your favourite gun or type of gun?

I've got too many favorites to list, mostly because I have a large, comprehensive list of all of them. But I'll list my top 5, from lowest to highest.

5. AKS-74U "Krinkov" - Think about it. Tried and proven reliable assault rifle design, miniaturized into a slightly more compact SMG size, and fittable with a sound/flash suppressor. That about shapes up to one of the most versatile assault weapons out there.
4. Giat FA-MAS G2 Assault Rifle - I first saw this in Metal Gear Solid, and ever since then I've absolutely had to use it in every game that's had one (including Firearms, CS:S, Chaser, and Lloyd's Weapons for Rogue Spear).
3. Pancor Jackhammer - This one doesn't actually exist in a production model, as it never got past prototype stages. But its legacy lives on - it's a fully automatic shotgun. I bet the kick on the thing is near-fatal.
2. Colt M1911A1 - The classic pistol. Been around for almost a whole century and it's still one of the most recognizable guns in the world. Fear it. Respect it. And most of all, don't get on the receiving end.
1. Colt Mk.V King Cobra .50 cal - The largest revolver out there, with a gigantic bullet and enough power to make tissue paper out of body armor. Hoo yeah.

I don't care about the technicalities of it all but I'm a big fan of the .45 cal Desert Eagle. And miniguns. Mmm, I love those.

Yes, the Desert Eagle. Those are really heavy and have a decent recoil. They have to because of the caliber.
I really like my .22 caliber lever action rifle. It had a scope that was all out of whack, but it was fun to use. I haven't touched that in years, though.
I had fun shooting an Uzie once, I emptied a 32 round magazine at a soda can 100 feet away. As the dust cleared lo and behold that can stood there in defiance. You can't hit shit with those things.
I think my favorite gun was the DD44 Dostovie from Goldeneye, I know it's a real gun but I don't know the name of it. For some reason I just like it in the game.
I remember really disliking high school, and one day I decided that if I ever went on a rampage, I would only do it with two mini guns, which basically meant that I would never do it because I didn't have the means, the money, or the real motivation to do it. :P

I recently inherited an S&M .44 magnum revolver from my great uncle. The thing was kept in top-noch condition so it looks great and all the pieces move and sound perfect. It would be my favorite, except .22 rifles are just too much damn fun, and are much more practical for target shooting as opposed to veritable hand cannons.

Quast said:

I recently inherited an S&M .44 magnum revolver from my great uncle.

Don't you mean S&W?

I own a Remington 870 Express (pump shotgun) in 20 gauge, but I'd have to say my favorite gun is the Beretta 391 Urika semi-automatic shotgun in 12 gauge. My uncle has one and it is a well-made and reliable gun. Once I can spare the $800 I think I'm going to get one for myself.

This is from a hunting perspective, of course.

Job said:

Don't you mean S&W?

Err, yeah. S&M, uh? heh, freudian slip

My favorite Pistols are:
MK23 SOCOM
M1911 Colt
USP Compact
Desert Eagle
Beretta M9

My favorite SMG's are:
HK-MP5
HK-MP5K
FN-P90
Mac-11
Steyr TMP

My favorite Shotgun is:
Franchi SPAS-12

My favorite Assault Rifles are:
M16A1
M4A1
FAMAS
AK-47
XM8

My favorite Sniper rifle is:
PSG1

My favorite Heavy machine guns are:
M60
Minigun

I've always been partial to the look of german world war 2 weapons. Couldn't tell you any brand names or whatever, because I've got a penis instead.

I like the grenade launcher arnie uses in terminator two - not the one with the drum, the one that looks like a shotgun. Nice :)

I've always thought it would be a good idea to do a lo-tech doom, using that for the rocket launcher, an m60 to replace the chaingun, and some sort of flamethrower in place of the plasma rifle. They just seem fitting...

Favourite weapons de moi - at elast by concept and design:

pistols:

Desert Eagle Mk. VII
Beretta 92F
HK Mk. 23 SOCOM

Shotguns:

Franchi SPAS 12
Pancor Jackhammer
Saiga
Ingram/Cobray Street Sweeper

SMGs

HK MP5k PDW briefcase gun
Ingram/Cobray MAC 10 /.45
Steyr TMP
Thompson M1 "Tommy Gun"
FN P90 PDW
CAR-15 /9

Assault Rifles:

HK G36
AK-47
AN-94
SR25k
HK G3A4
Steyr AUG

Machine Guns:

M134 electric gatling gun
M60
M2
Phalanx

Other:

MM1 40mm Grenade Launcher

For me it would be the Colt Single Action Army (M1873).

I was playing MGS:Snake Eater I saw Ocelot's guns, I saw they were stylish and looked great (I've always admired those Colts from cowboy movies). One thing though; they are pointless as a weapon since they take so damn long to reload add that to the fact that you have to cock the hammer yourself and your pretty much dead after your first shot. Later in the game he starts blabbering about tension then it hits me. The only reason you'd bring those to a fight with a modern day arsenal would be for the 'thrill' of the battle. Hey, I want to enjoy my last/only gun fight.

Btw do non-military gun ranges allow you to use sniper rifles?

Janderson said:

Btw do non-military gun ranges allow you to use sniper rifles?

Uh, like, as in a typical hunting rifle with telescopic sights? I don't see why not. Though when I go shoot, I'll either go out to my grandfathers land or to some sand pits, as opposed to some "official" place with rules, regulations and whatever else.

I;m more of a shotgun guy, but I'll try to help answer your questions.

I assume by sniper rifle (this is really a loaded term, it's more appropriate to call them scoped rifles) you mean an anti-personnel type weapon (typically a .308 with telescopic scope), and not one of those anti-vehicular .50 calibers like that one Barret (the model number escapes me).

The answer is: it depends.

There is no way in hell they are going to let you bring a centerfire rifle into an indoor range. It wouldn't be much use anyway, seeing as those are typically 25 yards. Good for pistols, way too short range for most rifles.

Outdoor ranges that are 100 yards long will usually allow you to fire a centerfire rifle, but check beforehand. If a range is more than 100 yards long, it is definetly for centerfire rifles.

If you're looking to get into target shooting I would suggest taking a hunter education course because:

A. Even if you have no desire to hunt it is VERY important to learn gun safety.

B. More likely you will eventually want to hunt, and most states require you to have a hunter safety card before you can buy a liscense.

Hunter education is usually free, and even if it does cost money it would most likely not be much.

Finally, may I make a suggestion as to gun choice. You say you want a rifle equipped with a telescopic scope. The military uses .308's for this purpose, but I wouldn't get a centerfire rifle like this for my first gun.

I would recommend some sort of .22 rimfire, for a number of reasons:

A. Cost of gun (rimfire rifles are WAY cheaper than centerfire rifles)

B. Cost of ammo (a 20 round box of .308 ammo costs about $8. A 500 round brick of .22 ammo costs about $8)

C. No recoil in rimfires (they are much quieter too)

D. Most pistol ranges will let you use a rimfire rifle on them if you ask beforehand.

E. There are a variety of action types for .22's (Bolt-Action, Single-Shot, Lever-Action, Pump, Semi-Automatic)

IN addition to target shooting .22 can be used to hunt small game like rabbits and squirrels.

I assume since you want a rifle to mount a scope on you want a bolt-action rifle. This are the most accurate action type (at least without alot of customization). Rifles don't come with scopes, but for around and extra $30-$75 (depending on the cost of the components you want) you can have a gunsmith install one.

CZ makes some of the most accurate Bolt-Action .22 rifles today. They run about $200-$300 depending on the model. If I were buying a new .22 Bolt-Action today I would choose a CZ.

Marlin Ruger, and Savage produce .22s in a variety of action types that you may want to consider.

That's if your interested in getting a rifle, of course.

I don't really like guns and I've never fired one, but I think Pancor Jackhammers are crazy cause they have no reason to exist. Desert Eagles and those Bren machineguns are pretty crazy too. Only reason I know anything about guns is because I have a friend who is a gun nut and can identify any gun from site.

Hehe Piezo, it's funny you should mention the DD44 Dostoyev. Goldeneye was the game that got me interested in guns in the first place, and the DD44 was always my favorite because of the sound and the way it looked. As you know most of the weapons in GE are based on real-life counterparts, and the the real version of the DD44 is the TT33 Tokarev. Unfortunately it's nothing like the one in the game. It looks crappy and doesn't shoot anythin .44 caliber, and it's basically an old and outdated Soviet pistol.

Anyways, the only guns I've ever fired were Glocks, one in 9mm and the other in .45ACP. Nice pistols. I handled a Desert Eagle once, and of course it was ginormous and heavy.

Sawn-off double barrel shotgun. Yeah, only ever used them in videogames, but hey, they almost always rock. it just seems like the perfect Demon/Zombie/UnholyBeast slaying weapon. It might be a wee bit too powerful in doom 2, but oh well.

M1 Garand, i think thats its name anyway, the standard american rifle from WW2, it just looks cool, with that big reloading thing

Sten Gun, Side-loading magazine, a wierd idea, but you can look badass when you fire it

And of course the AK47, as Clarkson says, its as much a work of art as a weapon these days, it appears on national flags, there are children named Kalash in its hounor, and the fact it proves complicated technology just means more things go wrong, an AK can be bashed, crashed, hit by other people's bullets, buried in a swamp and it will still work!

On the Jackhammer:
I don't see why the kick would be oh-so-terrible. The weapon is pretty large, so it should hold itself down pretty well. If my father, a man of average size, can fire both barrels of a double-barreled shotgun loaded with buckshot, holding it in only one hand, and have nothing worse happen than it twisting his wrist a bit and almost dropping the gun, a Jackhammer HELD PROPERLY and only firing one shell off at a time shouldn't kick so much it would be unmanageable. I've fired a few shotguns myself, at a weight of 130 pounds (me at the time, not the shotguns), and never experienced much in the way of kick.

Look, you fucks:
The Fabrique-Nationale P90 is NOT an SMG. It is a "PDW" class weapon. Weapons are not judged solely on size. Size can be a factor, but it is not always the determining factor.

A "PDW" is something designed to be assigned to vehicle crews and in some cases special forces to allow them to defend themselves where the full power of an assault rifle is needed with the size of a sub-machinegun.

A sub-machinegun is a PISTOL-CALIBER weapon used in close urban combat against unarmored opposition. The PDW uses armor-penetrating teflon-coated rounds that are beyond the scope of what could be considered "SMG bullets."

MP5-K is also occasionally categorized as a PDW.

Stop flaunting your knowledge of Counterstrike and Rogue Spear in here.

Dr. Zin: M82 is the model designation used by the US for the Barret .50 cal AV rifle. You forgot to say as well that .22's are good to get because you don't have to clean the rifle up much, as the powder used is non-corrosive to the barrel.

deathbringer: You've heard a lot of AK47 propaganda, I see. :P The spacing of the components in the AK47 is part of why it's so reliable. From what I've heard, they fit loosely enough that you can basically pour in sand, fire it, dump it back out eventually, and have things still be fine, but from what I've heard the component motion affects accuracy and recoil in negative ways. Just saying what I've heard.

DaJuice said:

Hehe Piezo, it's funny you should mention the DD44 Dostoyev. Goldeneye was the game that got me interested in guns in the first place, and the DD44 was always my favorite because of the sound and the way it looked. As you know most of the weapons in GE are based on real-life counterparts, and the the real version of the DD44 is the TT33 Tokarev. Unfortunately it's nothing like the one in the game. It looks crappy and doesn't shoot anythin .44 caliber, and it's basically an old and outdated Soviet pistol.

Awww :'( I though that thing was so cool.

Ultraviolet said:

On the Jackhammer:
I don't see why the kick would be oh-so-terrible. The weapon is pretty large, so it should hold itself down pretty well. If my father, a man of average size, can fire both barrels of a double-barreled shotgun loaded with buckshot, holding it in only one hand, and have nothing worse happen than it twisting his wrist a bit and almost dropping the gun, a Jackhammer HELD PROPERLY and only firing one shell off at a time shouldn't kick so much it would be unmanageable. I've fired a few shotguns myself, at a weight of 130 pounds (me at the time, not the shotguns), and never experienced much in the way of kick.

My friend fired a double barrel shotgun both barrels at the same time, and he said he would never do it again. That knocked him right on his ass and hurt his arm a bit. I don't think the jackhammer would be the same, but maybe not too far from it, depending on how fast it shot. Remember that every once in a while an illegally modified weapon that was made to be rapid fire is confiscated, so some confiscated shotgun may be very much like the jackhammer. Also, you have to hold a shotgun a certain way in order to keep from bruising your arm or hurting your shoulder.
If anybody is serious about third class weapons, you can get a third class license, I know that in Texas it was about $1000 but I don't know if it was indefinite. Third class covers:

Sawed off shotguns
Rapid fire
Silencers
Suppressors
Extra capacity ammo clips, etc.

This list is old so I don't know what has changed. It is perfectly legal to own such things if you have a third class license.

Nationally those aren't illegal, but many states, like Illinois (where I live), outlaw them even if you have the liscenses. Having a class 3 liscense allows the government to do stuff like randomly search your home without a warrant too.

Oh, an interesting note on silencers is that even though they are tightly regulated here, in many other countries like Great Britain and New Zealand they don't require any extra liscencing and are quite common on rifles!

Edit: With the sunset of the assault weapons ban anybody can have any capacity magazine they want.

Ultraviolet said:

Look, you fucks:
The Fabrique-Nationale P90 is NOT an SMG. It is a "PDW" class weapon. Weapons are not judged solely on size. Size can be a factor, but it is not always the determining factor.

A "PDW" is something designed to be assigned to vehicle crews and in some cases special forces to allow them to defend themselves where the full power of an assault rifle is needed with the size of a sub-machinegun.

A sub-machinegun is a PISTOL-CALIBER weapon used in close urban combat against unarmored opposition. The PDW uses armor-penetrating teflon-coated rounds that are beyond the scope of what could be considered "SMG bullets."

MP5-K is also occasionally categorized as a PDW.

Stop flaunting your knowledge of Counterstrike and Rogue Spear in here.

Geez, sorry if I don't remember that a P90 is a PDW and not a SMG. :p

Piezo said:

Awww :'( I though that thing was so cool.

My friend fired a double barrel shotgun both barrels at the same time, and he said he would never do it again. That knocked him right on his ass and hurt his arm a bit.

dude, if he would have done that, his arm would be long gone,
its hard enough to take the punch from a sawedoff with one-barrel-shot.. not calling u a lyer of anything, but your friend is

dude, if he would have done that, his arm would be long gone,
its hard enough to take the punch from a sawedoff with one-barrel-shot.. not calling u a lyer of anything, but your friend is

What the hell are you talking about? It is not unheard of for double barrels (especially of cheaper makes) to fire both barrels (or "double"). Yes, it would hurt like hell, and most people say they would never want to experience it again, but is isn't going to tear your arm off!

Piezo said:

Sawed off shotguns
Rapid fire
Silencers
Suppressors
Extra capacity ammo clips, etc.

o_o

I'm never going to Texas. Not because of this, but because of many other things, but still this is one more reason.

Dr. Zin said:

What the hell are you talking about? It is not unheard of for double barrels (especially of cheaper makes) to fire both barrels (or "double"). Yes, it would hurt like hell, and most people say they would never want to experience it again, but is isn't going to tear your arm off!

no ofcousre not tear it of, but some bones in the arms should be very broken! if not ofcourse he was using low packed ammo

I could use a PSG-1 with subsonic ammo and a silencer. Good for my bank account we have one of the strictest weapon laws in the world.
Today i have gotten my so called "Kleiner Waffenschein" (mini weapon licence) for my gas pistol. Much more fun than any sylvester rocket or "China Böller D" on sylvester *g*