Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DoomUK

Questions about ROE

Us lot in tbe UK are going to have to wait another 4 or 5 days to play the expansion pack :(... Sooo, I have a couple of simple technical questions to put me right:-

1) Does/can the editor now load up via ROE, with the additional monsters/textures/weapons etc? Or does it still load up via Doom 3 with all the extras?

2) Do current mods such as the 'Ultra Extreme Quality' (global self-shadowing) mod work with ROE?

3) Does the 8-player multiplayer fix work only through ROE? If so are the original MP maps still playable?

Thanks.

1) Does/can the editor now load up via ROE, with the additional monsters/textures/weapons etc? Or does it still load up via Doom 3 with all the extras?

(A)
Yes you can still load the editor in ROE. Just remember to add the parameter '+set fs_game d3xp' to use the ROE contents.

2) Do current mods such as the 'Ultra Extreme Quality' (global self-shadowing) mod work with ROE?

(A)
That I don't know, but I doubt that it will work. But all I can say is to try it out when you do get ROE.

3) Does the 8-player multiplayer fix work only through ROE? If so are the original MP maps still playable?

(A)

I believe so, again I haven't tried it out yet, but I am sure you can get 8 players to work on the oringinal doom3 game once ROE/1.2 patch is installed.

Thanks for your help, kaiser :)

ROE has just been released in the UK, so I'll get to try these things out in a day or so...