Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manc

Vroom Vroom Vavoom

A new version of the Vavoom Doom source engine has been released, bringing it up to version 1.17. Along with the requisite bug fixes and improvements, it appears that this version now supports most boom editing features. It also indicates that a new opengl driver for linux should hopefully eliminate the mouse issues some nix players may have experienced, but I don't actually see a linux download available (only the source and dos/win binaries).

Anyway, go to the engine's website for news, downloads, and so on.

CodeImp said:

fp. Sourceports page updated.

You didn't update it in Lunux / Unix section.

Retox said:

You didn't update it in Lunux / Unix section.

I dont see a linux/unix download on their site. Where did you see this?

Csonicgo said:

let's don't start this stuff again....

WTH are you talking about? I'm not the one bashing Vavoom cause it's not zdoom.

Better mention right away that I have nothing against Zdoom at all and that I really like the port but I hate people like footman that for some reason keep thinking that shit like what he said is called for.

CodeImp said:

DJ_Haruko said:

I'm going to assume that Linux users would be building it from source, so that may be the reason for lack of a *nix download.

kristus said:

WTH are you talking about? I'm not the one bashing Vavoom cause it's not zdoom.

I'm not bashing it because it's not ZDoom, I'm bashing it because of poor performance. ;)

I like alot of ports, my favorite being actually probaly PrBoom because its so oldschool ;).

Seriously, VaVoom is shit though, HORRIBLE rendering problems, craploads of bugs, fps issues, bad sound coding... Never totally ditch the original source code and completely rebuild doom in the Quake engine, since that is basically what VaVoom is, Quake with sprites.

CodeImp said:

Source code.

Wow. I've been trying to try this for years now only to have it immediately crash. This version actually runs a while before crashing. Neat lighting effects, up/down looking, and enemies flying up off the ground (though it's hard to test with no apparent way to turn autoaim off).

kristus said:

It's a good port.

I agree. It IS a good port.