Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pete The Padre

Post pics of your compdesk/workspace

Im not allowed to take coffee or food to the computer, the gf is very insistent in these matters *blushing icon*

<----- is mystic, for some reason I cant reply as mystic anymore after I updated its profile.

Plonker said:

Im not allowed to take coffee or food to the computer, the gf is very insistent in these matters *blushing icon*

I guess we know now who wears the Pants in that relationship ;)

and very nice pants they are.

actually its more to do with who tidies up all the crumbs and coffee spills

aww DD, you could have left some of your artwork lying around for us to admire.

grrrr looks like Im stuck with this nickname, my mystic identity cant post since I updated its profile

DOOM Anomaly said:

My brother dreams for one of those computer bed desk dee-lees because his room is tiiiny. :D Maybe you can trade dreams! :D

But then, I would have a smaller room.

What's it with you people and staring into a corner of the room when you're working/gaming/chatting?

Anyway, here's some photos I took a few weeks ago at 4 or 5 in the morning, you can see the sun rising through the window.

My domain!
The throne!

And yeah, me and the vacuum cleaner are not on speaking terms. Also, I am very poor, so I don't spend money on furniture.. I salvage. :p They're pretty comfy though. (not really)

I dunno, they are noisy bastards and the microscopic dust from the back of them causes sneezing fits, best to leave the vacuum cleaner alone and let it solve its own problems.

my little corner actually does have windows just out of sight on the left and one behind that unfinished painting on the right. Squirrels and birds come and knock on my window to get fed when they see me at the computer.

Plonker said:

aww DD, you could have left some of your artwork lying around for us to admire.

grrrr looks like Im stuck with this nickname, my mystic identity cant post since I updated its profile

Well I don't have anything laying around and haven't touched that stuff in ages. I'm supposed to tho... Why don't you talk to the mods about your Plonker / Mystic account mess up.

kristus said:

What's it with you people and staring into a corner of the room when you're working/gaming/chatting?

Nice looking area you have there.

I know what you mean about the whole corner thing. I'm set up in my basement and there's not a lot of options, so I'm kinda in the corner. Speaking of corners, I was looking at new desks and I really dislike those ones that go right in the corner itself... like a 'V' shape. I really couldn't stand one of those things.

hehehe, I was being asked to consider replacing my cheap and cheerful desk with one of those fancy corner jobs in ikea, it even had doors to close so it all looked like a wardrobe when not in use. I merely asked her how often does she think the doors will be closed.

about the nickname thing, I probably could sort it out but its no big deal, its not as if I have a huge postcount as mystic or anything. Plonker does have a cheeky ring to it anyway.

Doom Dude said:

Here is my mess.

Doom Dude, I have that same external hard-drive (Western Digital MyBook or whatever, it's on my other computer). Is it giving you any autoplay problems? Mine has been and so I swapped it out (or out of the usb slot) and replaced it with an internal one.

No problems here Antidote with my WD 250GB MyBook. I've had it now for a couple months and use it daily.

Thanks Stealthy. The case is a Black Apollo by NZXT and the cooling fan is a HyperTX by Cooler Master. Umm if you mean the fan on the side of the case, it's just the built in 120mm with blue leds that comes with the case.

hmm, DD, would it be ok for me to 'borrow' a few flats and textures from the NDCP (the original one that I was part of), Im especially interested in those nice ceiling/floor lights you made.

Yeah Mystic, go ahead and use them. Now that you mention that, I want to use some of your wall textures you submitted to the NDCP, in a new project. :D

Pete The Padre said:

Btw, Ed: Who's the babe in the picture? can i have her number? ;)

My cousin's girlfriend, which answers your second question quite nicely :)

Doom Dude said:

No problems here Antidote with my WD 250GB MyBook. I've had it now for a couple months and use it daily.

Ahh, well mine is a 250GB one too. The problem occurs when I turn on the computer it starts an autoplay progress window and asks how I want to open it. I hit cancel, because there is nothing I want to do with it, and then it does it again.

Whatever, I don't use it as much, glad it's working for you.

@DD, help yourself, I get a wee ego boost when someone likes something I made. I decided to start mapping again, hopefully my work will be an improvement on my old stuff. even thinking of making legacy AND gzdoom versions if possible

Antidote said:

Ahh, well mine is a 250GB one too. The problem occurs when I turn on the computer it starts an autoplay progress window and asks how I want to open it. I hit cancel, because there is nothing I want to do with it, and then it does it again.

Whatever, I don't use it as much, glad it's working for you.

Is it partitioned in anyway?