Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marius

Portable Doom

I'm in college and i live on campus, so i spend alot of time in school or in the computer labs. My new favorite accessory that I take everywhere is my usb key. It's so great cause it was relatively cheap and is so sturdy that i can keep it in my pocket all the time without it breaking. :) Well i was bored a couple of days ago. It was 4 in the morning and i was finishing some homework in the computer lab, when i think to myself, "Hey, i wonder if i could run doom from my usb key?". So i went online and quickly downloaded zdoom and the shareware version of ultimate doom. I installed zdoom to my usbkey, added the wadfile and voila! It worked like a charm! Zdoom runs perfectly, and can still autosave properly. It's nice having doom with me wherever i go. Of course, i might get in trouble if one of the schools IT people sees me, but it's still pretty cool. Anybody else ever run doom from a usb key?

Hmm, (z)Doom for DS would be an invention.
Playing it like you play Metroid Hunter, with touchscreen, its almost as playing a FPS on the computer with mouse and keyboard.

THE best portable Doom available is ZDoomZ (nothing to do with Zdoom) for Zodiac. It's quality and best of all 100% free.

Well of course there is a reason to use a usb key that beats the ngage, or gameboy doom hands down. And that is that with the usb key you can load pwads. Can't do that with a portable console version of doom. :P

Wasn't there a version of Doom made for cellphones a while back? If so, what models does it work for?

GBA Doom is pretty fun, although basic in places, and very blocky.

With ZDoomZ on Zodiac I can play any PWADS (doom(2) exe compatible) I want. I either hotsync them over or stick them on an sdcard for play latter. That's what I did last week with the new_stuff and I've been playing them on the train to/from work each day this week.

I just install zdoom and zdaemon on any pc I get my hands on. I stay undeprived pretty well that way. But it would be nice to have some sort of *quality* pocket-sized doom or whatnot.

Appearantly the PSP's memory stick has capabilities for storing games,But theres no place to get them yet.Supposedly they'll be available through Sony's connect service.

I hope some old games like DooM will be avaialable,Along with PSP demos.

Bastet Furry said:

Hmm, (z)Doom for DS would be an invention.
Playing it like you play Metroid Hunter, with touchscreen, its almost as playing a FPS on the computer with mouse and keyboard.

If it had it so that the left hand buttons had different functions from the right hand ones, I'm all for it.

Dodge said:

Wasn't there a version of Doom made for cellphones a while back? If so, what models does it work for?

Yes, I have it on my Nokia 3650. It's the same version that the N-Gage uses. It only supports the shareware version of Doom. From what I hear, the GP32 version seems the best because it can run the 4 doom iwads and vanilla pwads, and there is a wireless link card for multiplayer (assuming you could find someone else with one to play with).