Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofhell

xbox doom3

I rented doom3 for the box a couple of days ago out of curiousity to see how it looked and played. The graphics are the equal to low quality res 800 settings on a pc. But that wasn't a surprise. The plasma gun sounds noticebly different, so does the chaingun. The imps are a little tougher, you have to shoot em square in the head with the shotgun for a one shot one kill, no matter how close you are. Every level is different in one way or the other, and there's also new enemy placements. Believe it or not, I came across an imp that crawled instead of walked, just like a vulgar. And there are new sounds in the in game "musical score."(a couple of parts only) The game opens up with the x box trailer, and of course the menu screen is totally different. All in all, playing doom3 was a different experience on the console as expected. Not in a rush to buy it though, although I will eventually. Comments?

p.s. btw, it's a pain in the ass typing on a laptop!!!

I bought the collectors edition, got it yesterday along with ROE.

Like it :)

Been waiting a LONG time for the Xbox version of Doom 3,
and I must say, it was worth the wait.
It was everything I hoped for and more.
I also, got the Limited Collectors Edition,
and beat it in the same day.
The Classic Doom feature is fun,
I played through The Ultimate Doom with my friend in co-op.
I'm very dissapointed in the Doom 3 Multiplayer,
as it's Live and System link only, so no splitscreen. :(
The graphics can be a little bit buggy at times,
but they're still friggin' beautifull.
The shadows and lighting are amazing.
I never got to see the game in action before this,
since it would have cost $800 to get my PC ready for Doom 3,
so when I played the Xbox version, so I was blown away.
As I said before in another thread though,
the game wasn't as scary as I thought it would be,
but it's still great.

Well, if you were blown away by the doom3 graphics on the x box, then you WILL have a heart attack witnessing it running on a well suited pc. Trust me, the graphics look good for an xbox game, but it does not compare to doom3 pc. And imo, doom3 only has the potential of being scary when you play at night with no disturbances, lights out, and a good set of headphones. Anyway, doom3 pc was way to focused on being creepy and not nearly enough action. The original doom games had some creepy levels and some action packed levels, there was a balance. And I think I finally figured out why exactly doom3 was a disappointment(for me), WAAAAAAAY TO MANY IMPS!!! But ROE kicks ass so, I'm happy now.

Playing it on co-op, the levels are more action packed, with no PDA reading or locker opening. If you play the Guardian and Cyberdemon maps, they're killed by weapon damage instead. I enjoyed that.

Coopersville said:

Playing it on co-op, the levels are more action packed, with no PDA reading or locker opening. If you play the Guardian and Cyberdemon maps, they're killed by weapon damage instead. I enjoyed that.

I'm assuming thats only in Co-op since I beated the Guardian in the Single player mode and he's pretty much the same as in the PC version [Despite being easier]

Yeah,seriously though.Doom 3 was great on xbox and all,but i'm gonna stick with the Classic doom.
Doom 3 was way too short...and i was kind of dissappointed when it didnt at least follow the original Storyline.You didnt even go to Phobos and Deimos.

I personally though Doom 3 was really long, although I still like the original Doom & Doom II better.Can't beat a classic [or Classics, in this case].

I wish I would of gotten the Limited Edition but I'm happy.

Scabbed Angel said:

So no split screen multy or co-op?

For Doom 3, No.But you can play Doom I and II with Split Screen Co-op or Deathmatch.