Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doommaster666

Doom 3 PS2?

PS2 doesn't have hardware capable of handling Doom 3. They chose X-Box because it was the best candidate to release Doom 3 for and had the hardware best able to handle a Doom 3 port without having to sacrifice too much in the way of looks and how it played. That's pretty much the same reasons they've said there won't be a PS2 or GameCube release.

Alright, thanks for telling me. Time to save up for a new computer. If I meet the exact system requierments, will it run really good or is that just for it to run at all?

Just to run it. I meet the exact requirements and to play without lag I have to set it on the lowest quality settings where the graphics are pretty reminiscent of N64 Goldeneye. Of course I just have a $64 GeForce MX4000 as I needed to get some sort of new video card at the last minute. The video card will effect how you play Doom 3 most, atleast I'm pretty sure.

Well, sure, the Xbox can nominally handle it. And then they end up cutting huge chunks out of the levels anyway.

DoomDan said:

I hope Doom 3 does get ported to any of the new gen consoles.However, I doubt it will happen.

Well I have an X-Box and PC that can semi-play Doom 3 so I may be biased, but I thik they should have just waited until the next gen systems to port it.

Hmm, running doom 3 on a ps2.
Ok, if that works i want my c64 SuperCPU , Amiga 1200 and AmigaOne port *g*

Ah...i bought doom 3 for xbox.Is it really that different from the PC version?I heard the only thing they changed with the xbox version is the Lighting dynamics.

Ehh...truthfully i like playing the Original better.

They cut out a lot of the gameplay. And they changed some of the level's architecture, and finally, they added more enemies.

And you barely take any damage. And it's incredibly easy to aim. You don't even have to hit the enemies directly to register a kill sometimes.

But, I do have to say it's the best looking fps on Xbox at the moment, and it's far better than Halo 2. It's worth getting if you didn't have (and/or couldn't have) a good PC DOOM 3 experience. That, and if you want co-op. Otherwise, I say pass.

Oh yeah...i reserved it back in January,already beaten it and all.Took me 3 days.Kinda sad :(

Yeah i was just wondering about that,maybe when i get my comp upgraded i'll get it for PC.I'd like to experience it to its fullest.

for now i'm sticking to classic doom.

Mogul said:

They cut out a lot of the gameplay. And they changed some of the level's architecture, and finally, they added more enemies.

If by "a lot of gameplay" you mean running back and forth uselessly, then yes. ;) From my point of view, they just focused the action a lot more.

And you barely take any damage. And it's incredibly easy to aim. You don't even have to hit the enemies directly to register a kill sometimes.

Gotta not play on easy or something. ;)
And you can turn off auto-aim assist as well.

I could never picture D3 on PS2, PS2 has a pretty good collection of games, but the graphics for it are the worst out of Xbox GCN and PS2. I dont think Doom3 would do very well on GCN either. Gamecube has some well done games, but Doom3 would eat up soo much of the memory card, and you would have to practically cut the game in half, and have the graphics equivalent to Low quality PC D3. I think though that the PC version is the best. Sure it costs more, but the graphics are better, giving you a more atmospheric horrifying feel, and as for CoOp, I'm sure there will be a mod out for the PC version soon, if not already.

Xenphire said:

PS2 doesn't have hardware capable of handling Doom 3. They chose X-Box because it was the best candidate to release Doom 3 for and had the hardware best able to handle a Doom 3 port without having to sacrifice too much in the way of looks and how it played. That's pretty much the same reasons they've said there won't be a PS2 or GameCube release.

Just a new comment on an old post. Gamecube has better hardware in terms of the way games look, but Nintendo would censor the hell out of it. Only 2 M games were released on Gamecube