Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lengis

HELL Difficulty should be HELL Difficulty

Doom's Hell difficulty was near imposible to play in, and so should Doom 3's. Half-Life on the highest difficulty was hard, but not imposible. Doom should have a wide range of difficulties, and not just 3 or 4 like most others, so the player can have a percise option of where he/she would like to play. I think about 5, 6, or 7 difficulty settings (like Unreal Tournament) should be good, with HELL being so difficult it's unplayable without hacked cheats, but it's nice to know that it's there.

And what then, would be "more difficult" ? You can either throw in more monsters or reduce the ammo and weapons - that's the easy way out. Or, you could increase creature AI (and not just a "monsters see you trough walls" hack), or even alter the progression trough the levels. With that I mean that solutions to problems would be more complicated or need more skill in higher difficulty modes.

I like my games with only one difficulty : Impressive.

Kinda like playing Deus Ex, anything below "Realistic" is absurd. Kinda like Thief, anything below "Expert" provides you a not-so-good experience.

There was no "Hell" difficulty. Do you mean "Nightmare?"

Yes, I messed up, I dont know where I got Hell from..

And yea, I think the higher difficulties should involve more dumb monsters, and higher intelligence from the smart monsters. (assuming there will be both dumb and smart monsters)

But I dont want bullshit like, fewer weapons and ammo, less health pickups, enemies that take more shots to kill, time limits (levels that require a certain amount of time to complete it in), monsters that cheat, and other stupid crap that everyone hates.

Better AI, and more monsters are what I'm lookin for in higher difficulty settings.