Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dutch Doomer

Updates "Altar of evil"

Well I got some new screenshots to show you,i think they look okay.
I don't know what you guys think of these,let me know I can use some feedback.

They look great in my opinion. Especially the sky texture, what is that, i havnt seen it before.

What exactly are you making any way? A Megawad or just a single map?

A zdoom single map doom in hexen format,it replaces map01.
About that sky its an animated one,I believe some of you call it an stormy sky.

Looks great!
I liked your previous map very much and this map seems to be in the same stile...
keep going ;)

IMO the monsters from the MRW are pretty cool and should be used more often!

Though there are many people complaining about them, only being recolors and such...

Mivalekan said:

Why are the pictures so small? I can't see them.

Have you tried clicking on them,click to enlarge.

sitters said:

Kan zdoom geen hires aan ?

Niet dat ik weet,maarja ik weet dan ook niet erg veel:)

Very impressive. I really liked Titan, so I'm sure I'll love this map as well :P

AgentSpork said:

Very impressive. I really liked Titan, so I'm sure I'll love this map as well :P

Hey spork can you review this one,when it is released.

I reply in English before we have comment from the other members, I personal very like jdoom and risen 3d be course they are hires, good lightning and models , the only bad thing is to be very carefully with the FPS when all feathers are used. The other ports must also have there advance, so many people use them but what I see is almost always low res. I am wondering what the reason is ( maybe the reason is that sprites are easier to create and modify then models ).
Maybe when people read this they give comment.

But any way I like your modding style.

Greetings.

sitters said:

But any way I like your modding style.

Thanks sitters,i like Zdoom better cause it stays closer to the original doom,i just don't get that doom feeling when im playing jdoom with those 3dmodels.
I think those 3dmodels are horrible to look at,same goes for the openGL part too,there is no doom feeling in that...well IMO.
When i first saw your screens they gave me an "far cry" feeling instead of an "doom" feeling.
But still i liked those screens they looked smashing,im just the kind of guy who want to keep it old school.

Vader said:

IMO the monsters from the MRW are pretty cool and should be used more often!

Some, at least...like the Lost Soul, that was brilliant.

I think you should use some monsters from that pack, Dutch Devil, you already have a bunch of new stuff in there anyway. Looks like you're going for something unique here as well.

What about zombies will they fit with my hellish theme ive got,or should i stick to the hellish creatures instead.
What would you do if it was your project.

Cool textures, did you find these as well? You should compile a texture resource from your levels.

Use3D said:

You should compile a texture resource from your levels.

I don't know yet,authors can use anything they like in this wad for their own projects(when its released that is).
Just extract the stuff from mine,they can use anything thats in titan too i don't care.

No zombies vader they would look kinda stupid in this one,and no stealthy ones also cause they suck according to most of you guys.

dutch devill said:

No zombies vader they would look kinda stupid in this one,and no stealthy ones also cause they suck according to most of you guys.

Seconded ;)

Waarom zie ik dan geen levels met hires textures en hires sprites ?
Why dont I see maps with hires textures and sprites ?

But the complete hires pack is available jdoom already used them ( all original doom2 textures converted to hires ). I think it is no problem if you use them for zdoom. Or can’t zdoom work with a separate hires directory and palette , and you must put them in your wad ?

Zdoom supports only one palette!
So if you would use the new palette, you´d have to recreate all sprites + GFX for it as well.

I´m really looking forward to this, looks nice!
I like the skybox and it´s ceiling texture,
but maybe try to add a bit of red/orange fog to it, that would surely look great ;)