Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SS-Bowen

Project Echoes

Hello...
Here are some screen shots from my newest set of maps, Echoes.

Feel free to give me any suggestions or ideas. Some of you may remember my horrible job at project Odium, and im not going to make any of the same mistakes twice. Iv only completed about 10 out of 32 levels so far. So dont expect a release any time soon.

Heres the link:
http://www.freewebs.com/ss-bowen/doom.htm

O, and PS... Please ignore the Sites Nazism, and lack of updates.
Clan SS has been dead for about 6 months now and im using this site only for doom pictures.

The name fits in with the Project because you start out in the present. Then you find a portal and traver into the future. And once you have compelted the Future levels you travel into the past. There is 1 level, i have begun working on a little, where it is used 3 times, for each of the time periods.

Will it be obvious to the player that there is time travel going on (Sonic CD-style, the same levels but things are noticably different in terms of color scheme, construction, and some things that weren't there in the past)? I'd love to see that accomplished in Doom.

Well, Weasel, thats bascially what im trying to accomplish.

O, and by the way. I just started working on a under-water level.
(Good or bad idea?)
I want to use some of the under water music from a old super mario game, does any one have it on Midi?

If you do email me at SSManipulator@Netscape.net

Eh? Whats Time Splitters?

An underwater level sounds good, but only if you have the necessary skillz to pull it off.
When I saw this thread title I thought it would be some sort of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes TC for ZDoom :P

soo... we'll see hitler's bunker in the future? when it gets invaded by hellspawn?

awesome :D

Eh, i wouldnt want to infring on any copy right laws by remaking Metroid Prime 2. Besides it and doom are pretty similar as is. I probably came up with the name echoes because im such a Pink Floyd Fanatic =P

Ill try going for the underwater level. I probably dont have the skill to do it but i can still try.

Hitlers Bunker in the future? I do believe that all thats left is a play ground for little children and a parking lot =(.

Maybe ill throw something in, or maybe ill do a past-level for it. I dont want to make the game to repetive, so of coarse ill throw in plenty of new levels.

Vader said:

Is it only me, or is the palette totally fucked up in those screens?

No, I see that too. The palette is messed up in a lot of places, especially the sky in the map30 shot.

Ya sorry about that. I guess IrFanView isnt the best way to take pictures. In the actual game however, it is clear as day.

THat titlepic, I don't think is from Pink Floyd, however the name Echoes, is a Pink Floyd song. :P