Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Ultimate DooMer

The /newstuff Chronicles #228

For those people that like weapon mods...here's my summary.

Doom-Strike (I refuse to use its leet spelling because it's not leet at all) - A pretty poor DeHackEd super-weapons patch. Makes many of the weapons faster, changes a few graphics to crappy recolors and a Counter-Strike rip, and makes the BFG and Rocket Launcher incredibly hard to use (hot tip: if you want to make a grenade launcher in DeHackEd, either increase its speed to it goes farther without having to look up all the way, or use ZDoom-specific flags for bouncing). Avoid.

Corrupt Dreams - Xaser's latest top-notch weapon mod, this is his first one that contains inventory items. It also contains some pretty neat weapons, though some feel too much like their originals (one which acts like Heretic's powered up Gold Wand). The major weapons in this pack are the dual SMG's, seeker missile launcher, the Heavy Magnum pistol, and the mobile defense turrets that you can deploy. Xaser's inventory items contain many offensive weapons (like time bombs, grenades, and repulsor belts).

exp(x) said:

You can get it to run in skulltag? I loaded up the first map and it crashed after a second. I don't understand why it won't run, though. Maybe it has something to do with being in hexen format.

Skulltag wads work fine with hexen format.

There were some really good wads this week. I really like STCTF, Decapitation 2 (first wad of its kind!), and Agent Spork's Simplicity maps. Great stuff, everyone!

I second that. There was a lot of really good stuff this week. Decapitation 2 was a pretty cool pack. Cybercrime v2.0 was *very* cool. Can't recall seeing anything quite like that before. The Skulltag CTF pack was pretty awesome. I also enjoyed Inner Crypts, Labyrinth, Tech Lab, Void Space, Simplicity 2 & 3 and Demon Eclipse. Awaken was actually pretty neat. I liked the cathedral. Would be nice to see it continued :)

Damn, that sucks, whats going on with the next newstuff? its wendsay and I have been waiting since monday for you all to flame my wad because its bad! >_<

Macro11_1 said:

Damn, that sucks, whats going on with the next newstuff? its wendsay and I have been waiting since monday for you all to flame my wad because its bad! >_<

The accepted wads have been added to /newstuff (at least that's what it seems), but nobody is reviewing them this week. I had a wad in there too, but that is pretty much what it looks like to me anyway, hence:

NiGHTMARE said:

RIP /newstuff Chronicles #229