Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Hacker

My Doom 2D Projects...

I really like to make Games about Doom.
so far i've made 3 games and i'd like you to try:
http://gmshow.gm-school.com/index.php?content=game&name=DOOM%202D:%20Knee-Deep%20in%20the%20Dead < Doom 2D (Version i made. sucky AI but really fun! + cheats!)
http://www.freewebs.com/skdoom/index.htm < Doom Gates Of Hell. Doom in Golden Axe style! You can try here too: http://www.rocketsoft.gm-school.uni.cc/uploads/GOH.zip
http://gmuploader.uni.cc/main/download_file.php?uid=1477 < Doom 2D 2 players COOp with the Strife Guy

Now i'm working on "Doom: Revolt Time!" Which is RTS like RedAlert. I'll be happy to ear some feedback...

Talk about your dedicated fan ;)

Will give you my opinion when I've tried them out. They look pretty cool based on the screenshots.

I imagine (from some og the in-game fonts) they where made in Multimedia Fusion, or The Games Factory, descendants of Klik & Play, which means 'source code' cant really be released, and they dont work under anything except Windows (good thing too, those attention-seeking 'rebels' will never know the joy of Eternal Daughter or Factor X)

Looks pretty good. You could use some new graphics from scratch tough ;)

I liked Doom 2D, although as you said the AI is a bit meh. Oh, and Doom 2's rapid fire monsters + inability to strafe = NO.

O-M-G
He's really doing this. And it's reallly working! I didn't knew that Doom's GFX would fit isometric perspecitve so well.

Anyways, just add some economy, fog of war, better AI (I mean enemies could go patrol, and see farther). But yes, this is goooooood!

ellmo said:

O-M-G
He's really doing this. And it's reallly working! I didn't knew that Doom's GFX would fit isometric perspecitve so well.

Quoted for truth.

I really like the Gates of Hell version, but I suck at it so much.
I can barely make it to the third stage.
Could you please make another slightly revised version of it containing more health potions or some kind of health regenerating cheat code?

Doom Hacker said:

Sure, do you have MSN Massanger? i'm tired of uploading stuff

No, I don't use instant messengers. But you could always give me an e-mail attachment. You can get my address by clicking on the e-mail button.
Thanks a lot. I appreciate it.

ok first of all these are some great ideas taken to the next level.

And for the rts Doom, you could have the Demons Vs. the Humans. And each unit specialize in a doom weapon. Like a BFG unit, and a plasma unit, and so on. Referre to Starcraft for some ideas, Zerge and terran would be really good modles to follow for this game. Looking forward to see more from you.

looks cool!! and seems so obvious i wish i'd thought of it first... say couldnt this be done with a slightly modified zdoom - thus keeping the monster ai intact?

Woah, the doom RTS is really good- but I got a bug when playing, I sent in three rocket launcher units to kill a pinky demon and when they got close enough to attack it hit me with a lot of error messages.

Plays like the original C&C, great job. I can't wait to see its final version.

this is great stuff. is there any way you can make the viewing size larger on the rts? it takes up less that a quarter of my screen.

I liked the 2D one, however I have a few things I wanted to add. I think that persaps some of the doors in the background should open to reveal items, as an added random element, and maybe even some of the walls. Also I noticed that simply running into enemies doesn't cause damage, which is okay because it probably would have been too hard.
All the enemies were fairly balanced I think except for one, the mancubus, I could have sworn he does more damage than he does in the actual game and really was a pain in the ass. If I got hit by one of his double barrages my health would instantly drop to like 10% or thereabouts and a second time I'd be dead. Since you can't strafe in this, I'd consider lessening the damage and/or slowing down the firing speed or rate of fire.

I'll think of more stuff, but in the mean time, make more levels and add lost souls and demons :), ohh and a chainsaw.
oh and you should use those colored skull blocks that line the doors in DOOM for your doors instead of the generic cylinders, that's all.

Heretic gargoyles for terrain air units (as gargoyles are genetically human derivatives)

Demons could have cacodemons and lost souls, ob vourse

I really liked the RTS, really, and I think that you could look to my "Doom Board Game" a few (or maybe a lot!) posts back, it has some rules and ideas you might consider for the RTS, great Idea, if you need someone to do sprites, I can help, you havent seem my Cacoman Sprites, used remade Wolfenstein sprites as a base, I think they're pretty good.

Yeah, I like sprites, drop me a PM if you're interested in working on this, a while back I did a 1945-like Doom game, If I can I'll get it to you.