Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deep

R3Dedit ingame 3D Thing editing support added

As promised R3Dedit now supports 3D Thing editing :)

You can move any Thing interactively in 3D mode in any level- press the T key in editing mode to toggle.

In addition, you can rotate objects with different views and the new view is shown just like it is in the game.

For non-DOOM objects, either a default sprite is displayed or one of the following customized sprites:

1. For DECORATE things (yes DECORATE is supported), a "light" is current shown, but the actual sprite will be done in the future.

2. For Things such as sounds, teleports, polyobjects, mapspots, pull, push, etc. a custom sprite is displayed. you can move these around too.

DeePsea 12.06 supports the new options. If you want to see this for your level without using DeePsea enter -edit (enters edit mode) and -evis (shows invisible objects) on the command line along with the other commands, for example:

R3Dedit -file yourfile and -iwad DOOM2.WAD -edit -evis

See sbsoftware.com for details

BlackFish said:

I'll use it if I don't have to pay for it!

CodeImp will follow with this feature.
Maybee he even can get true 3d editing (creating sectors in 3d!) to work.

Bastet Furry said:

CodeImp will follow with this feature.

heh, yes I think I already replied to someones suggestion somewhere around here that I would add Things in 3D Mode, but later. I guess thats why this version comes up now; Blame me for copying it from him now :P

CodeImp said:

heh, yes I think I already replied to someones suggestion somewhere around here that I would add Things in 3D Mode, but later. I guess thats why this version comes up now; Blame me for copying it from him now :P

LOL. Moving them around was always in the plan way before that comment (see notes) since sprites were always shown from the very beginning last year. These are full fledged rotating things. The DECORATE will just be a single sprite though (when I do that actual sprites).

In fact, there are a lot of things that were requested that have been in R3Dedit for some time, such as warping to any spot or line [same thing for DS].

However, the real reason for me posting is this:

The option -esub is required if you move sectors - there's others that control clipping, movement speed and some other stuff). So this is the commmand line:

R3Dedit -file yourfile -iwad DOOM2.WAD -edit -evis -esub

Also uploaded a new version 1.6.19 since I forgot to change one of the sprites for a ZDOOM object and if you happen to have that Thing in a level will stop there *ugh*

Will also post some screenshots tomorrow when I have more time.

Here is a link to a screenshot showing how special things look in R3Dedit thing editing. The objects you don't recognize is stuff like Teleports, Polyobject Anchors, Camera, Sparks and other normally nonvisible stuff:

sbsoftware.com/files/Doom00.jpg