Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Another Doom Movie!!!

OK, not quite what you were expecting, but according to a Variety article that you almost certainly do not have a subscription to read, Showtime is planning to make a biopic (that's Hollywood insider slang for you hix in the stix) based on the "Masters of Doom" book that chronicled the early days of id Software. More info is available in this Computer Games Online article. Now to start wondering who will play the roles of Romero and Carmack...

An id documentary... that could be interesting. Could give a bit of insight\guesses\blatent lies about how the whole Romero thing went down...

For 19,000th time. Romero was fired. Well, sort of. :) He was putting too much time into other projects and un-id-related endeavors.

Graeme was one of the guys that didn't want to invest in doing DOOM 3, right?

carmack sees the future in his dreams. He saw diakatana and realized that romero was batshit insane and pre-emptively fired him before he could ruin id software.

and jodie foster should play romero in the movie.

Mogul said:

Graeme was one of the guys that didn't want to invest in doing DOOM 3, right?

As I understand it, Carmack had to convince the entire team from the beginning.

In regards to this movie: I was actually interested in that one about Microsoft/Apple. Maybe this one will deliver.

sgtcrispy said:

Very interesting.
I vote Ling for Tom Hall!

I have the forehead for it and I can do the eyebrow thing

Damnit... When I read the book, I thought it would be an awesome thing to turn into a movie. Now I won't even be able to see it if it's on Showtime. ;_;

Also, I think Anthony Michael Hall should play Carmack. He played Bill Gates in Pirates of Slicon Valley (another premium channel made-for-TV movie about the computer industry!), and he actualy ended up looking a lot more like John Carmack. He even had the crazy eyes.

Dunno who should play Romero. Some retired grunge musician would probably work well. :D

darknation said:

carmack sees the future in his dreams. He saw diakatana and realized that romero was batshit insane and pre-emptively fired him before he could ruin id software.

and jodie foster should play romero in the movie.

I disagree. Daikatana wasn't a horrible concept, and would have been much better than "LOL MORE QUAKE" if it had been executed properly. But it wasn't, because Romero is, well, batshit insane. But his insanity doesn't lie in game design, it lies in social ineptitude. Like the inability to keep any team whatsoever on Daikatana.

Danarchy said:

Pirates of Slicon Valley (another premium channel made-for-TV movie about the computer industry

Last I checked, TNT wasn't a premium channel.

I haven't gotten to read that book yet, although by God if I find it I will. I have this strange feeling that it'll turn out 1,000 times better than the Doom movie will.

Dodge said:

Last I checked, TNT wasn't a premium channel.

Last I checked, it was a team of people who enhanced the Doom engine.

Jonesy89 said:

Please don't flame me for asking, but why did John Romero and Graeme Devine leave id?

Sniffing glue in the parking lot :D

Sign in to follow this