Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was thinking about starting a Warhammer 40k Megawad.But i just need some info Before i start...
What Level Editor do i use?I've used Deepsea but its kind of a pain in the ass...any suggestions?
Those who are familiar with the Warhammer 40k universe;think i should make the player a Space Marine or maybe Imperial Gaurd?Of course the enemy would be the Chaos Marines.

And another Question...Has anyone made a Rise of the Triad TC?That would be a good mod.

Haloless0320, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Ps, Dont just talk about your mods, MAKE them

Ps, unless you have made some decent stuff on your own before, nobody will help you

Ps, There is a 95% chance this mod will not even be 'around' in 6 months time, a 99.9% chance it will never be finished

Ps, a ROTT Tc has been planned (read: people have demanded one be made but never got off thier arse to help) many a time, go ahead, because the controls in that game where utterly shit

Ps, Doom Builder

yeah i figured that it wouldve been best for me to work a little bit on it and get some screenies first...sorry about that.

Yeah...i figured if you make a rott TC you could run it through a port like Zdaemon or Legacy and make it somewhat better.

Thanks for the Advice and the Criticizm

Haloless0320 said:

I was thinking about starting a Warhammer 40k Megawad.

Isn't there one for Edge or Zdoom already?

Hmm....i havent heard about it.I've Searched countless times for a WH40k wad but i cant find one.

If you run across the wad gimme the link,many thanks.

deathbringer said:

Ps, Dont just talk about your mods, MAKE them

Haloless0320-read the above sentence 78 times please and remember it troughout Your life. We had enough wad ideas spewers over these boards who had ideas for ubar cool mods ever.

Way to encourage him Nmn.

Haloless: What Deathbringer said sums it pretty good. There's been ROTT monsterwads, but never anything that had any maps to my knowledge.

If you are serious with your mod, I hope the best for you. The ports that probably would be the best for a project like this would AFAIK be: EDGE, Eternity, Zdoom and Vavoom. Those are the ones that have the most features when it comes to monster and weapon creation. But I suggest you choose the port you feel most comfortable with.

For a ROTT tc i would probably go with Zdoom.

Reason = Polyobjects!
ROTT is full of horizontally moving stuff. Such as columns racing about in zig-zag patterns and crushing walls and all that stuff.

Projectile spewing walls. Fire vents on the floor, those crazy big blender things as well as lots of trampolines and crazy stuff like that is all vital in getting that ROTT feeling right in my humble opinion.

Heh, Zdoom was MADE for a RoTT TC, if someone ever manages to do a decent one it will be one of the best things ever unleashed in the doom community. Well maybe

For Warhammer, i'd recommend EDGE, but then i would, just cause, if i remember correctly, Warhammer has lots of different creatures, with different weapons for close/long-range fighting (i had some warhammer 'top trumps' style playing cards once, thats as far as i got into it). Or when Zdoom with support for new monsters comes out, that wll work too, also it has slopes

Yeah that would be great.
I would love to find a Program where i can make my custom Enemies,Weapons,etc...but the only program that i know of that allows me to do that is D!zone and i cant find it on any filesharing programs or anything.Are the listed programs you gave me able to make my custom Items...

If so i think i will start on it as soon as i get home this evening.
Thanks all for the Input

How about this for a map:

Build a small torn apart dark Episode 4 map.
The player has to destroy three lost UAC machine,
kill three Zombiemen,
destroy three lost UAC machine,
destroy a few lost UAC machine,
find a big computer,
find a lost UAC machine which is hidden behind two demon gateway,
destroy a lot power generator,
find a BFG9k which is hidden behind some power generator and
destroy ridiculous numbers of lost UAC machine

Haloless0320 said:

I've used Deepsea but its kind of a pain in the ass...any suggestions?

Try using DEU. WinDEU16. It's quite similar to DeepSea, but connecting the lines to form the sectors is handled a little bit differently...And I'm really comfortable with it.
If it doesn't suit your needs like it does mine, oh well, at least you tried. It's always nice to try and experiment from time to time :p

Huh, a Warhammer mod. Interesting.

Also Don't use DEU. It's annoying and can't make ZDoom wads. Use Doom Builder, much simpler, and has the great 3d editing mode.

Get some textures orideas from the latest 40k stratagey game. I think it is called "Dawn of War" or something like that.

lerner said:

Use Doom Builder, much simpler, and has the great 3d editing mode.

Gah, ZETH, use ZETH...

Just try every single thing that gets mentioned on this thread.
Obviously, as you can now see, each mapper has their own personal preferences, and people constantly debate what's better and what's worse and why.

Best wishes & good luck in discovering what your personal preferences are. It should be treated a fun experience rather than a struggle.

Actually I think a better way of choosing the right port is to think of what kind of features you need in your project.

For example, if your project needs lots of moving stuff (other than monsters) and scripts Zdoom seems a natural choice.

On the other hand if lighting off-palette colours and other graphic effects are important then Jdoom is probably the way to go.

And if lots of Room over Room and other advanced architecture is to be desired you should perhaps take a look at Legacy or Eternity.

In other words. Make a list of the features to be desired in your project and choose the port that supports the biggest amount of these.
If your project doesn't need any advanced features strive to make it as port-unspecific as possible.

ive started working on the marine weapons one day when i was bored, ive got a bolter, plasma rifle, and melta gun started. i might just start working on them again and post them for you to see. also zdoom might work good if you can set it up for 3 different player classes like in hexen, using lets say space marines, eldar, and orks.

I was thinking about playing as a Space Marine Or a Terminator.
But i might end up going with Imperial Gaurd...Sorry,Just got done reading First and Only so i'm kinda into Imperial Gaurd now.

But i might go with a Hexen Feel and make it where you play Imperial,Space Marines,or Eldar...Even though i'll have to put in some eldar weapons(i.e. Shuriken Catapult,Shuriken Cannon,etc)I'll probably use siters of battle instead.since all 3 use almost the exact same weapons.

Tell me what you think about the weapons that i'll include.

Chainsaw:Chainsword/Powersword/Powerfist/Chainfist
Fist:Combat Knife
Pistol:Bolt Pistol
Shotgun:Boltgun
DBShotgun:Heavy Bolter
Chaingun:Assault Cannon
Rocket Launcher:Missle Launcher
Plasma Rifle:Heavy Melta
BFG:Lascannon(Couldnt think of a weapon of mass destruction from WH40k)

If you got any more suggestions im Open for ideas...and i think im going with ZDOOM