Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MacWadMaker

Any MacDoom Wad Authors out there?

Cool... what is iirc? Sorry I'm new to the board.
I am basically looking for people who have info about mac doom editing utils. Especially D.E.M.O.N. the mac port of DEU for PC.
It's interface is like a linux shell... all text based, until you get into the editor. Though it is very buggy, it seems like it has great potential with a little tweaking. J. Knight the author/porter has long since stopped updating it... any info about this or other mac utils. especially sprite/texture editors would be helpful.
Oh! and info about making your own Demo/LMP files on a mac.
Thanks... and Keep on Fraggin'

I would make a stupid comment about how your username, sig, and in fact everything has to scream "OMG I UZE A MAC!, I AM A REBEL!!! BUY ME A DRINK!!", but it makes my brain hurt.

deathbringer said:

I would make a stupid comment about how your username, sig, and in fact everything has to scream "OMG I UZE A MAC!, I AM A REBEL!!! BUY ME A DRINK!!", but it makes my brain hurt.

A kid in Ethiopia could've been saved from hunger in the time you wasted making that post.

Yes, it's true, everything in my username/profile does scream I'm a mac user... but I never said I was a rebel and I'll take a double shot of whatever you got.

Hey, in the past I made wads on the mac and I would reccomend against DEU, it is buggy and painful to use. Hellmaker is by far and away the best editor on the mac.

Phil1984 said:

Hey, in the past I made wads on the mac and I would reccomend against DEU, it is buggy and painful to use. Hellmaker is by far and away the best editor on the mac.

thats true, deu is garbage. hellmaker is buggy as hell too, but its the best one i think. i got a map finished a few weeks ago with hellmaker (took me months tho') and its so damn slow to work with it. i really dont know why i make levels on the mac when i can use doombuilder. :)

I find that I can build pretty fast with Hellmaker... I am interested in DEMON (macDEU) because it has a level editor and seems to have a sprite/flat editor, but I can't get it to work.
I heard the source code for DEMON and Hellmaker was put on the net, but can't find it.
It's amazing, if you do a web search for "MacDOOM" you get a lot of old pages with dead links.
With 3D hardware acceleration and the release of Legacy and Doom 3 a lot of mac gamers seem to have given up on the original games.

To the best of my knowledge the source code for hellmaker and demon was never released. I do remember however that someone hacked into hellmaker with resedit to allow it to support some of the 'boom' linedef types. I actually tried to contact the guy who made hellmaker at his last known email address a few years ago asking if he would release the source code but i recieved no reply back.

I actually find hellmaker to be quite a good editor if you can work around its bugs. If it wasn't for doom builders support for ports and its 3d mode it would be my editor of choice.

Use3D said:

PeterH, iirc but he's not been around in a while.

Aww, Use3D, you remember me?

Wow!

Well, I was away from Doom and Doomworld for over one year, but today is the bloddy day of my return. Of course, I am still riding the Mac.

Playing Doom/Doom2 on the Mac is like a pizza!
(This sentence deserves a carriage return)

Playing it on the PC might also be fun, since there are so many good ports out... but the real thrill is to play a source port like SMMU or stuff in PC emulation on a Mac.

Speaking about irc, are #zdoom and #doom still there?

^_^

Peter Heinemann said:

Speaking about irc, are #zdoom and #doom still there?

^_^

You know it.

Peter Heinemann said:

Of course, I am still riding the Mac.

What CPU and OS? I am using an iMAC DV 400(G3) and OS 9.1. Also, what DOS/WINDOWS Emulator do you like for mac... SoftWindows, Virtual PC, etc. Looking for a good one to run DOOM editors in, as macDOOMers seem to all have moved on to OS X, Legacy, DOOM 3...