Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CyberDemonHunter

Zdoom Doombuilder Wad Compatability

Depends. If you use features from 1.23 down only, then it will work in the Zdoom multiplayer offshoots (Zdaemon, Skulltag) and I think ZdoomGL (not sure what that's based off of). If you use features from 2.0.47 or earlier(I think, may be wrong) then it will work in skulltag as well as Zdoom. Using features from versions higher than 2.0.47 means that it will work in Zdoom only.

Skulltag is currently based on 2.0.60 so you could do a little more stuff and still be compatible with it. Although the only important change between 2.0.47 and 2.0.60 was the new texture system which allows exchanging flat and wall textures freely.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but you can use embedded dehacked patches in your wad that can be read by jDoom, Legacy, and ZDoom. Similarly, I believe either Legacy or jDoom supports mapinfo. As long as you use the Doom level format with no ZDoom specific shit, it's possible to make a non-vanilla wad that works in a specific set of different ports. Again, please correct me if I'm wrong.

TheDarkArchon said:

Well, the less said about Legacy's and JDoom's DeHackEd support, the better (No BEX. Period).

Actually the upcoming (when exactly?) Legacy 2.0 version is supposed to have BEX support.

If you want to ensure your map works on all engines, and in the original doom2.exe as well, just use the Doom 2 configuration. It gives you only what the original Doom 2 supports.

I cant use normal Doom2 setting, I cant find a good tutorial on doors except for Agent Sporks, and that one is set to Zdoom, so I would need a step by step tutorial for Doors, Remote Doors, and Key Doors for the latest version of DoomBuilder on the Doom2 setting, which I've searched for and cant find.

CyberDemonHunter said:

I cant use normal Doom2 setting, I cant find a good tutorial on doors except for Agent Sporks, and that one is set to Zdoom, so I would need a step by step tutorial for Doors, Remote Doors, and Key Doors for the latest version of DoomBuilder on the Doom2 setting, which I've searched for and cant find.

Dude, are you serious? You just pick a linedef type from a list and set tags. That's all. If you've made them that work in ZDoom then you should already know how they work.